By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I've posted a few new threads this morning. I had the error shown here show while trying to submit the last thread - Privacy News - $20K Buys Insider Access to Telegram Servers, Dark Web Ad Claims

At one point I was told to wait '152 seconds' before attempting to submit it again, as if I was suspected of being a spammer, may be? Somehow this post ended up being posted twice and I couldn't delete either version. Refreshing the MT landing page now shows only one version of this thread, but I get the same 'Page can't be loaded' notification now. Really odd, I'm using the same machine, browser and settings as I normally use when using the MT site.

Attachments

• MT - page not loaded - 13.01.23.PNG
    MT - page not loaded - 13.01.23.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've posted a few new thread this morning. I had the error shown here show while trying to submit the last thread - Privacy News - $20K Buys Insider Access to Telegram Servers, Dark Web Ad Claims

At one point I was told to wait '152 seconds' before attempting to submit it again, as if I was suspected of being a spammer, may be? Somehow this post ended up being posted twice and I couldn't delete either version. Refreshing the MT landing page now shows only one version of this thread, but I get the same 'Page can't be loaded' notification now. Really odd, I'm using the same machine, browser and settings as I normally use when using the MT site.
Hey @Stopspying

I've changed a few cache settings to make the site faster. Could you please clean your browse cache and try to browse the site and see if you get this error again.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Hey @Stopspying

I've changed a few cache settings to make the site faster. Could you please clean your browse cache and try to browse the site and see if you get this error again.
I've cleared the cache, signed back into MT and still get the same loading error when I try to access that thread I posted, other pages seem to load OK.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've cleared the cache, signed back into MT and still get the same loading error when I try to access that thread I posted, other pages seem to load OK.
Can you load that page in Incognito mode and see if the error happens? The page loads fine for me so I think it's related to a browser extension or program on your device.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Can you load that page in Incognito mode and see if the error happens? The page loads fine for me so I think it's related to a browser extension or program on your device.
It loaded OK in Incognito mode and in Firefox, I've been using Librewolf. It loaded when I right clicked > Open in Private Window and when I c&p'd the URL from this thread. I suspect you're right about it being an extension, I only have the LW recommended ones and Bitwarden. I'll try to track it down and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

It loaded OK in Incognito mode and in Firefox, I've been using Librewolf. It loaded when I right clicked > Open in Private Window and when I c&p'd the URL from this thread. I suspect you're right about it being an extension, I only have the LW recommended ones and Bitwarden. I'll try to track it down and get back to you. Thanks for the help.
Disabling 'Hide Your User agent' in Adguard seems to get around this issue. I went through the browser extensions, disabling them individually without resolving the problem, so I started going through my Adguard settings.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi @Jack!
On Firefox for Android, if you hold down the like button to make other reactions appear then along with the reactions, Firefox's context menu also appears. No issue on Chromium browsers. Wondering if it's a compatibility issue that you can fix, or it's an issue of the browser.
Hey @SeriousHoax
It's related to Firefox and how it handles gestures. For me, if I do a light tap on the Like it will show all the reactions, if I tap long it will show that menu. I'll look into what can we do to improve this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll try to find a solution.

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
I am also facing issues when accessing MT site on PC and Android mobile since last few days. I get Cloudflare error and have to keep on refreshing to get proper page display.
BUT when using VPN, no such issues and MT is accessible without any problems.

mt.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Captain @Jack would it be possible for users to have a default "Show all" option for the New Posts category? I get tired of cancelling "Show only unread". It's a small, but annoying thing.

Edit: I found I could change my default filter for New Posts. Doh! 🥴😵‍💫

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Can you share extra details about your Browser / Settings / Extensions? Are you using a VPN or Proxy?
Edge, enhanced & strict protection settings, uBO, Bitwarden

VPN or proxy seems not connected to double-login

I think it is Edge, but not certain; Edge has lots of issues with websites over the past 4+ months

MT is the only website where double-login is required sometimes

Been running into this error message a lot lately. The webpage is blocking publishing of the post, but it gives a generic error message. The cause is definitely strings within the post itself.

1676262465382.png

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Been running into this error message a lot lately. The webpage is blocking publishing of the post, but it gives a generic error message. The cause is definitely strings within the post itself.

View attachment 272862
Hello @Oerlink
Yes, the server firewall is blocking you because of the commands you're trying to post. Try breaking the words in the post (eg. c m d).

Edge, enhanced & strict protection settings, uBO, Bitwarden

VPN or proxy seems not connected to double-login

I think it is Edge, but not certain; Edge has lots of issues with websites over the past 4+ months

MT is the only website where double-login is required sometimes
Try using Incognito and see if it still happens. Usually, this is related to an extension or program that is installed on the device.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
@Jack - I think in one way the Bot AI is nice but, in another way, it hinders collaboration in a Forum.

I know it is a choice to answer but if the bot comes with a viable explanation I do not have to. It all comes down to wording, but I am here to have Fun, Learn and share experiences.

Just feedback :D

Sincerely
Val.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I tend to agree with the above, @valvaris . For me, it can almost be distracting, even though it's informative as an "insert" post, apart from a living, breathing member.
Am I supposed to Like its posts? We may do that so others can see we agree with the information given, but, if it intercedes and breaks into a thread too often, it could be a little annoying.

But, since I'm new here, I may get used to it faster than those who have been here for years.

Kind regards,
Jonny

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
@valvaris and @Jonny Quest . A quote from Jack in another thread for clarity.

Here is how I see his future as part of the community:

1. @Bot will be the first responder in the Questions and Troubleshooting forums. The bot advice are mostly general so it will help pin point a possible direction from where you, the other members, can continue to help. His help in these threads will be available after the first reply only if tagged.

2. @Bot will reply in threads only if tagged. As a note, not all members will be able to tag @Bot. Only Verified members.

3. We will create an AI forum where you will be able to have a thread with continued replies from @Bot - later in the year.

Right now, I've let him reply in the Questions threads and other type of threads to see what kind of replies he creates, but we will tweak @Bot and his contribution to the forum should only be to help the other members not take over threads.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@valvaris and @Jonny Quest . A quote from Jack in another thread for clarity.

"Here is how I see his future as part of the community:

1. @Bot will be the first responder in the Questions and Troubleshooting forums. The bot advice are mostly general so it will help pin point a possible direction from where you, the other members, can continue to help. His help in these threads will be available after the first reply only if tagged.

2. @Bot will reply in threads only if tagged. As a note, not all members will be able to tag @Bot. Only Verified members.

3. We will create an AI forum where you will be able to have a thread with continued replies from @Bot - later in the year.

Right now, I've let him reply in the Questions threads and other type of threads to see what kind of replies he creates, but we will tweak @Bot and his contribution to the forum should only be to help the other members not take over threads."

Very helpful, thank you, BryanB. Good thread, some of the members here have a great sense of humor :) :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.