By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Bot will reply in threads only if tagged. As a note, not all members will be able to tag Bot. Only Verified members.
That will of course be tweaked if needed, so try to show some responsibility and if noted by others being misused/abused as for example a way to side-step this forums rules, please report it. All posts on this forum has the report option available.

We will create an AI forum where you will be able to have a thread with continued replies from Bot - later in the year.
(y):coffee:

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Some of the little tips and info. shown on the right side of the forum are pretty good. I refreshed my browser a dozen times in checking them out :)

hints and tips.jpg
tips.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Jack

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
To prevent users from being irritated, can something like “enable bot activity” be added when creating threads and browsing the forum?

Maybe the bot activity can be hidden for some?
Or maybe some would still prefer human reply.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I see the bot went off last night, this morning I click on New Posts and get 5 pages, normally its 2. Henceforth I will no longer read replies by the bot as I have better things to do. :)
There are a few tweaks needed to make the bot work on a forum; to set it up we need to see what he can't and can do.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I would like an icon for acknowledging a post as "Informative". In place of that, I've been using Like to respond. A lot of times I do Like a post, but as in the Do not track thread, I found some of the posts informative (I had Chrome do not track on) so I just hit Like. No biggie, just thought I'd mention it :)

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Any chance of separating crypto currency and blockchain into two sub-forums? The current forum seems to be rapidly becoming a crypto token investment advice column to the point it now carries an advice disclaimer.

Blockchain/Web3 development is far more than just crypto speculation, indeed it can fundamentally provide opportunities for decentralised(non-government control) services(banking/identity) for billions of people World wide who currently don't have access, not just a few Ferrari driving wannabe's.

Seems the current forum is like including gambling apps in the Operating System forum.

Appreciate the opportunity to vent... cheers.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I would like an icon for acknowledging a post as "Informative". In place of that, I've been using Like to respond. A lot of times I do Like a post, but as in the Do not track thread, I found some of the posts informative (I had Chrome do not track on) so I just hit Like. No biggie, just thought I'd mention it :)
I use "Reputation" only when I find a post really helpful and informative. Otherwise, most of the time I just use "Like" or "Applause". Getting another icon for reacting to an informative post wouldn't matter because even now some members just like spamming "Reputation" on every other post they see.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I use "Reputation" only when I find a post really helpful and informative. Otherwise, most of the time I just use "Like" or "Applause". Getting another icon for reacting to an informative post wouldn't matter because even now some members just like spamming "Reputation" on every other post they see.
That was "informative"..lol :) But seriously, thank you for the reply, and suggestions to use in its place :)

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
All the extra features when writing a message/post became unavailable to me. I can manually add some by using tags, but I can’t upload images the easy way either.
Also, when quoting someone, the quote appears as HTML code and not as formatted text.

IMG_1471.jpeg
It’s on Safari for iOS, haven’t tried on Mac or Windows.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
All the extra features when writing a message/post became unavailable to me. I can manually add some by using tags, but I can’t upload images the easy way either.
Also, when quoting someone, the quote appears as HTML code and not as formatted text.

View attachment 275292
It’s on Safari for iOS, haven’t tried on Mac or Windows.
Hey @Trident
Click on the 3 dots next to the Undo button. Then enable back the editor by clicking the [ ] button.

IMG_20230511_194903.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I notice sometimes some forum threads, I am set to watch, but then I do not notices of new posts?? eg
Microsoft Edge updates, went to view today and realized I had missed about 2 weeks of posts...?? Do we know why failure to get notice re new posts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I notice sometimes some forum threads, I am set to watch, but then I do not notices of new posts?? eg
Microsoft Edge updates, went to view today and realized I had missed about 2 weeks of posts...?? Do we know why failure to get notice re new posts?
2023-05-26_20-43-47.png

2023-05-26_20-47-36.png

and also checked in the url for watched threads , I got a working alert notice on the latest post.

2023-05-26_21-20-03.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.