By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Sometimes, I post a new message and my number of messages goes down! Or I post a new message and the number of messages doesn't change! Weird! When I posted this message my number of messages did not change.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
When I posted a message five minutes ago, my number was at 309; let's try another one to check the number. The number is still at 309. So when I came to the site today my number was at 309. After 3 new messages, the number is still the same.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
When I posted a message five minutes ago, my number was at 309; let's try another one to check the number. The number is still at 309. So when I came to the site today my number was at 309. After 3 new messages, the number is still the same.
The reasons can be many. For example it can be very hard to back track/trace as soon anyone gets a post deleted ( by the poster or staff ), it effects the numbers. Some forum sections also has a automatic " no post count " feature enabled. Simply because it's been misused/abused previously when some members thought it was a " smart " idea spam/flood sections, merely for the sake of getting a higher post count. Sadly a pesky behaviour that's been around as long forums been around. The feature itself is built-in with most major forum softwares, and is of course far from unique for MT.

With that said, doesn't mean forum softwares can't have bugs, so if it happens 24/7 no matter where you post, please report it again. (y)

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
The reasons can be many. For example it can be very hard to back track/trace as soon anyone gets a post deleted ( by the poster or staff ), it effects the numbers. Some forum sections also has a automatic " no post count " feature enabled. Simply because it's been misused/abused previously when some members thought it was a " smart " idea spam/flood sections, merely for the sake of getting a higher post count. Sadly a pesky behaviour that's been around as long forums been around. The feature itself is built-in with most major forum softwares, and is of course far from unique for MT.

With that said, doesn't mean forum softwares can't have bugs, so if it happens 24/7 no matter where you post, please report it again. (y)
Yah hey.:p

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
How come I'm still at level 23 w/over 1200 posts?

L23.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am experiencing issues accessing MT. Here is the error message I receive

I tried to update my laptop config in MT and the thread was never updated. I tried that three times with no luck.

Last updated: October 2020.
Recently a few readers also reported the same issue to me. All were unable to access Twitter website in Firefox browser.

After some research, I found that it’s a known issue and Mozilla is already aware of it.

There is a permanent working solution to fix the issue and make Twitter website working in Firefox browser.
Solution: [Fix Twitter in Firefox] A Network Protocol Violation that cannot be Repaired Error Message

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.