[Solved] Too Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Way too much news being posted. It flooded up my FB page. Had to "unlike" it. News is good but we dont need 10 pages of news articles a day flooding up the main page. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: Too Much

Interesting.. :goodpost:
Since I'm not a Facebook user I didn't know that our "posts on the "Wall" were published on other peoples "Wall" also..So I'm really sorry for the "flood"
I've removed the plugin that published the news and other stuff automatically.
I will redesign our facebook page...probably with more static content and I will update the "Wall" manually from now on.. Also If some of you guys knows their way around Facebook and want to help with the desing and stuff , PM me and I will create an admin account for him :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Could you show us a screen-shot of what you mean?

Thanks.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

No need for a screen shot. Just look how much news Jamescv7 posts. All of that goes on FB. Jamescv7 does not need to post 10 new links a day. Its crazy. He did the samething over at rM. News is nice but nobody needs that much.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well just have to apologize caused I only notice before is on twitter but I didn't know that in FB will such automatically post the news. Also the only know will appear is in the portal page of MalwareTips (typo).

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Yes but thats not my point James. FB page is fine if you stopped posting 10 news articles a day. We are all knowledgeable around here and know where to get our news from. You do a good job with it James but just relax a bit. 95% of what Jamesc7 posts I already read my visiting well known sites I have bookmarked.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

It also floods my new posts page on this forum.

Maybe, James, try and just focus on important security news (and only post very interesting tech news). It is difficult to have conversations about the news posts when there are so many. ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

Dieselman said:
No need for a screen shot. Just look how much news Jamescv7 posts. All of that goes on FB. Jamescv7 does not need to post 10 new links a day. Its crazy. He did the samething over at rM. News is nice but nobody needs that much.

He wants to share new... which I find okey and good (personal opinion); some are really interesting and some not. If you dislike it disable that FB function.

When Jack did it it was also alot and no one complained.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Agree, I noticed that before when Jack posted on the news section.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Missing the point. Its not just FB.....................Its on here also. News is great but we don't need 10 links a day posted. Just a suggestion thats all.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

We are currently looking for a solution.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

bogdan said:
Thanks for your input, everyone. Excluded News Section from New Posts and Today's Posts.

Well why the post from News Section was appeared again in New Posts and Today's Post. Just a question?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

The settings got reset when Jack deactivated and reactivated some plugins. Should be fixed now.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

TO be honest I like it more when the "News" Forum is showed in the New-Today's Post search....... for example a member reply to a post yestarday and I didn't see the reply untill today...and that's only because I've clicked on that topic by mistake. :D ..if not because of that mistake I would never saw the reply... ;)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

We can make a poll about it. Nice sig. :D

edit: I personally like them without the news. I'm not always in the mood for news, or I am already up to date with them.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

bogdan said:
We can make a poll about it. Nice sig. :D

edit: I personally like them without the news. I'm not always in the mood for news, or I am already up to date with them.
....a awesome designer made my sign bar :p ...

It would be nice if we could make the search not to show when the topic is created..but once it has a reply ... that topic could be showed in the New-Todays Posts Search. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I was just about to suggest that, but you beat me to it. :lol:

BTW, nice signature. Better than mine by far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.