[Solved] Too Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
RE: Too Much

I never said stop posting news completely. I merely said the amount of news posted a day is not nessary. Do this. Go to the news tab and scan through all those pages. See the amount of replies generated. Some are "0" and others are 1-2. That right there proves that most of the news is not important nor does it generate discussion. This thread has generated more replies then 10 news articles put together. Pages 3,4 and 5 have about "0" replies on the average.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

And that is why we are moving them to the Archive. Old threads are not the issue. Some rules have to be applied for future news threads and this is what I want to understand from this long thread :D. (see questions in my previous post, especially 1,5 and 6) I don't want this thread to be closed and reopened after a week.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

elliotcroft said:
jamescv7 said:
If that's the way then I will stop posting news (It doesn't mean no longer I will post news)to just not make this huge situation, Yes I know its my all fault at all sudden I did.
So you're saying that you both will and won't post news any more?
Please don't take any of this personally, James, nothing good will come of that.

@bogdan Will news posted before the post count change still count towards post count?

I'm saying only to limit in posting news but not saying never to post.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Thank you james. I am not picking on you but in all honesty there is no reason to copy and paste so much news on a daily basis.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

OK, so post less news, avoid posting news from well known news sites. If the news is related to a specific product (or type of software) and you think it is interesting and you want to talk about it you can post it inside that product's forum. Moderators might move new threads containing news to the News Forum or they might delete the thread if they feel that no interesting conversations will be generated.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
OK, so post less news, avoid posting news from well known news sites. If the news is related to a specific product (or type of software) and you think it is interesting and you want to talk about it you can post it inside that product's forum. Moderators might move new threads containing news to the News Forum or they might delete the thread if they feel that no interesting conversations will be generated.
I agree,
Maybe also, after 15 days, if no replies were made, then the news is deleted, if there were comments, then it is moved to the archive.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

We can't delete the topics in the News Forum....because everything is indexed by Google... ;)
Also I think everyone got the point now.. We will write some guidelines for the News Forum and that's it :D

Now we can :party:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

I think all is now under control me I will just limit my post in news.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

jamescv7 said:
I think all is now under control me I will just limit my post in news.

The ball is in your court james but can you resist the temptation to post another 5 articles a day................LOL. :s

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well just I will chill myself in posting news. I made my mistakes before and now.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Your very welcome LochNess. If your using Firefox just create a new folder in bookmarks and call it "News". Put all those links in there and now you will have instant access to all the top security,hardware and software news.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Also the news link that posted there are been bookmarked in my firefox but few I didn't bookmarked.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

If using Opera just open the links and go to Sessions and create a new session for instant access to them with a click. Figured if it's ideal to detail such things for FF why not for Opera too?

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

Dieselman said:
Well I dont use Opera silly goose. LOL.

HAHA, well I don't use FF. :p

I just felt the need to post that when I read your post on FF is all though. On the subject of the news I don't care nearly as much as most of you I guess, I skip the things I do not care about reading. I feel we should have an automated system of news delivery so no one actually needs to post it but instead someone can select a specific news feed that provides information desirable and it is all automated and posted.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

So you mean Google bot, Yahoo bot and other bot will only performed by just posting news always.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

jamescv7 said:
So you mean Google bot, Yahoo bot and other bot will only performed by just posting news always.

So long as it can be adjusted to provide relevant information and not overdo it so that everyone is happy yes, utilize a bot to post here at MT (if possible).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well in other forums I browse before I saw Google bot was posting advertisement in every topic.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

jamescv7 said:
Well in other forums I browse before I saw Google bot was posting advertisement in every topic.

Although I do not know the specifics there is a way to automate postings though I do not think it is via Google or similar, one of the admins account was used to post news on a forum but it was automated. I'd suggest an admin here create a new account and name it Newbot or something and setup the automation to be done via that account. If I knew how exactly it worked I would gladly share the information but I do not. Placing them all in one forum would keep things nice and neat and automatically handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.