Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Too Much

On the forum I saw there, Google bot then the information (I don't know actually written) especially the post are been put as infinite.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

elliotcroft said:
Maybe also, after 15 days, if no replies were made, then the news is deleted, if there were comments, then it is moved to the archive.

The problems with deleting threads are:
  • If google managed to index them before the deletion and someone stumbles to that page while searching for something on google, the link will point to a 404 page. Moving them to the archive is better because links remain tha same (Thanks to the Google SEO plugin);
  • Links to that thread inside the forum will point to a 404 also.

If our domain has too many 404 Errors floating around in the search engines rankings may suffer. That's why I prefer moving threads to archive instead of deleting.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

I see it caused Google bot are always here to collect some information like the post of news so that it must show in the search result.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

We've created some simple and basics guidelines for the "News Section" Forum

"News Section" Guidelines

• The topic title should be the same title as the original news report. Some editorial leeway is allowed, of course, if the original title is too long, inappropriate for ATS, inflammatory, etc.
  • The submission must contain a permanent, valid, and direct link. Links that take the reader to the main page of the source site but not the article itself are not permitted.
  • Please do not make personal commentary within the original post. Any personal commentary should be made in subsequent replies to the original post.
  • After providing a snippet from the news source, you should make a new reply to add your own spin or opinions on the topic. We want to know what you think. Do not simply copy and paste more from the article or leave a commentary post that boils down to, 'This is crazy! So what does everyone think?'. Add your own thoughts and information in order to facilitate discussion to your thread.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011

I totally agree with these guidelines.

Does posts still merge if the same user makes two posts after each other?
Could be a problem.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Never thought about that...Good point....I will try a find a solution...but even if the posts are merged their will be a line between them :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Solution found :
Merge Forums to Ignore
Forums, separated by a comma, to exclude from the auto merge feature.

Just added the News Section :p

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

Jack said:
[*]Please do not make personal commentary within the original post. Any personal commentary should be made in subsequent replies to the original post.
Can't this be instead done with a horizontal rule?

It would get mostly the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.