Troubleshoot Sometimes PC does not turn on.

Junglist

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 12, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
PC won't turn on sometimes.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Case power button replaced. Surge protector replaced.
Your current Antivirus
Win 10 Security
Hello

Sometimes my parent's PC won't turn on. The power button is pressed and nothing at all happens, no sound or lights. I have replaced the case power button and also the surge protector but the problem persists. The monitor, also plugged into the surge protector has no problems turning on. If the PC cable is unplugged and re-plugged into the same socket on the surge protector it will turn on after the power button is pressed. There are no problems once the PC is running, although it's only used for web browsing. The PSU (Seasonic S12II Bronze 430W) was bought in 2017. Should I just replace it, or is there something else I should consider?

Thanks for your help.

Junglist

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 12, 2017
There's been a development.

The PC didn't turn on by pressing the power button, but a minute later it turned itself on. Could this point towards the PSU, or could it just as much be the motherboard?

Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Just fitted a new PSU and the problem persists. Does this suggest the motherboard is going bad?
What did it say? same problem as you posted before? if so then yes Motherboard issus i mean motherboard power switch could be issus i'm not sure i would suggent take your PC to Computer repair shop.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.