Sophos Home: Totally free antivirus for home

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
oh thank you for that geminis3 thought maybe cloud also do not think that is enough then
Cloud AVs requires a first victim to get infected before blocking a sample with signatures, if you like Forticlient you can keep using it, since their web protection is very good in companion to common sense you wouldn't get infected that easy, unless you like to run unknown executables on a daily basis.

Every AV is good if you have a responsible user behind the screen.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Sophos home premium FREE is average, their signatures are decent enough , web protection ; phishing filter sucks thought, you get access to their dashboard and can block certain categories completely , it does some caching and gets faster, you can also install it to family members computer and run scans on those computers throught dashboard

Its perfect software to pair with pretty much anything

I would use it for family filtering only + local av and then pair it something like comodo firewall + trafficligh/ netcraft

Their mobile antivirus is completely free and offers alot of protection modules, wich is suberb in my opinion

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
Cloud AVs requires a first victim to get infected before blocking a sample with signatures, if you like Forticlient you can keep using it, since their web protection is very good in companion to common sense you wouldn't get infected that easy, unless you like to run unknown executables on a daily basis.

Every AV is good if you have a responsible user behind the screen.

i figured it is better then webroot

Thank you all for responding it really does help learning from all of you (y) (y) (y)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Nice to see good free AV solutions, but I will stick with Bitdefender until there is no more sand in Sahara.
It just gets along with the Notebook I have now, and YES it has already saved my b.. several times.
But it is very good with free antivirus, it is forcing the paid software to do better, so it benefits all.
And welcome to this outstanding Forum @Kim at Sophos.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
And welcome to this outstanding Forum @Kim at Sophos
Last seen more than 3 years ago. :cautious: But yes, I was also following quite closely Sophos Home development and even provided them details how to improve their product, none of my suggestions were listened at nor features in Premium improved, so I have completely lost dedication to help them. I strongly advice nobody to use Sophos Home free or Premium at this time, it's development is simply too slow, it's not better than Windows Defender.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.