Stranger said:
Added:
Kaspersky Pure
Emsisoft On demand Scan
Open Dns
Firefox with addons

Removed: Avast Internet Security

Any Suggestions
Not really. You've got a pretty solid configuration going on there. Let's see how long it is before you get bored of it. :p
That's the problem with a good security product: it's great at protecting you, but it lacks the edge of surprise and style that constantly changing security products has.
Right.;)
Actually I am bit confused to choose and remain with either kaspersky pure or nis 2012 and I am not impressed with Ais now a days
I'd recommend Kaspersky Pure.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
RE: Stranger Desktop Security Setup as on 10.07.2012

elliotcroft said:
Stranger said:
elliotcroft said:
Stranger said:
Added:
Kaspersky Pure
Emsisoft On demand Scan
Open Dns
Firefox with addons

Removed: Avast Internet Security

Any Suggestions
Not really. You've got a pretty solid configuration going on there. Let's see how long it is before you get bored of it. :p
That's the problem with a good security product: it's great at protecting you, but it lacks the edge of surprise and style that constantly changing security products has.
Right.;)
Actually I am bit confused to choose and remain with either kaspersky pure or nis 2012 and I am not impressed with Ais now a days
I'd recommend Kaspersky Pure.

I am with it right now and the lightness of this product is amazingly unbelievable.

P

Plexx

Is there much difference from KIS and K-Pure?

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:

I just myself don't understand why pure is so light while kis slow down my machine
I have tried kis trial but didn't like that and I have one year license of pure(which i won from giveaway) and i am very please with that.
Believe me or not its lighter than Ais on my system not only in terms of ram use but in performance too

P

Plexx

when I search for Kaspersky products, I get a spanish site.... and i can't view product comparison. could you post a link for product comparison so I can see the features of Pure versus KIS/KAV?

Thanks

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:
when I search for Kaspersky products, I get a spanish site.... and i can't view product comparison. could you post a link for product comparison so I can see the features of Pure versus KIS/KAV?

Thanks

http://www.kaspersky.com/compare/

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Biozfear said:

I just myself don't understand why pure is so light while kis slow down my machine
I have tried kis trial but didn't like that and I have one year license of pure(which i won from giveaway) and i am very please with that.
Believe me or not its lighter than Ais on my system not only in terms of ram use but in performance too

Could you post a screenshot of your system on idle task managger, showing all processes

and also post a second screenshot of your task manager, this time with kaspersky doing an active scanner, also with all processes shown.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

System idle:

a26e4y.jpg

During scan

fw57rd.jpg

D

Deleted member 178

Effectively...very light when idle, i wonder how come so much difference with KIS...marketing strategy?

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

umbrapolaris said:
Effectively...very light when idle, i wonder how come so much difference with KIS...marketing strategy?

it was after i start computer and close other unnecessary application but generally its hover around 13 k to 20 k
Even Ais need 20-25 k on my system idle.

Second thing downloading with idm a bit slow during start but after a minute or two its catch up speed like other av
Browsing is much faster with even kaspersky link scanner and antibanner ON,its faster than eset.avira,avast and even norton.

I feel no av is present on my machine only with eset or mse but kaspersky pure feels same or some lighter then them.

Z

ZeroDay

umbrapolaris said:

Possibly. It looks pretty impressive in comparison.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

The best Method to feel it is to download and install trial its around 93 mb installer with 160-180 mb update.

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
umbrapolaris said:

it was after i start computer and close other unnecessary application but generally its hover around 13 k to 20 k

Second thing downloading with idm a bit slow during start but after a minute or two its catch up speed like other av
Browsing is much faster with even kaspersky link scanner and antibanner ON,its faster than eset.avira,avast and even norton.

I feel no av is present on my machine only with eset or mse but kaspersky pure feels same or some lighter then them.

Something just doesn't add up. Have a look at the video of pure by ThePCSecurity. its constantly over 100mb. if only he had documentary instead of a song I could possibly understand.

Downloading myself to test it on VM. but it is just too much of a gap.

need to check more pure vids.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:
Stranger said:
umbrapolaris said:

Something just doesn't add up. Have a look at the video of pure by ThePCSecurity. its constantly over 100mb. if only he had documentary instead of a song I could possibly understand.

Downloading myself to test it on VM. but it is just too much of a gap.

need to check more pure vids.

yeaps its hard to believe but its light on my system and that is why i posted the screenshots from my pc

P

Plexx

waiting for download to complete and then fire it up on VB and then on VM to compare. Languy uses VMware while pcsecurity uses VirtualBox.

Dont thing there is a difference...

I suppose ur settings are standard or you tweaked?

If the Pure does run similar to yours on mine, I might really consider.

I removed ESET not because of the slowdown but because of the memory usage as the game I am running at the moment, to achieve a decent FPS on window mode, I do require a bit less on memory usage.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Biozfear said:
waiting for download to complete and then fire it up on VB and then on VM to compare. Languy uses VMware while pcsecurity uses VirtualBox.

Dont thing there is a difference...

I suppose ur settings are standard or you tweaked?

If the Pure does run similar to yours on mine, I might really consider.

I removed ESET not because of the slowdown but because of the memory usage as the game I am running at the moment, to achieve a decent FPS on window mode, I do require a bit less on memory usage.

1:I have tweaked settings of Pure
2:No other active antimalware products or security products(on demand only)
3:Install,Update and complete scan and be patient it takes some time (might be a day) when kaspersky get habituated of all your files on your pc
4:Its on my main machine don't know how it performs on VM

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
1:I have tweaked settings of Pure
2:No other active antimalware products or security products(on demand only)
3:Install,Update and complete scan and be patient it takes some time (might be a day) when kaspersky get habituated of all your files on your pc
4:Its on my main machine don't know how it performs on VM

I only use 1 product for real time at a time. On demand is another story:)
Still with tweaked settings, memory usage is impressive.
3: that will remind me to exclude the games directory from the scan since it will just be a pointless scan there :). yeah usually i test on vm first for a few days before doing it on my host.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

I keep game and browsing computer separate.On games computer there is only malwarebytes with no internet connection and all games download on 1st computer and then go to game computer by usb stick which get scan by av on 1st computer every time.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Light Security Setup Now

Added:Avast Internet Security.

Removed:Kaspersky Pure
Keyscrambler pro
Firefox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.