Computer specs

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I tried it in my system 3 days ago and had to uninstalled it, got terribly slowdown and got frozen the system...

I just went to Activate but without typing any key I clicked and got activated...
I have not any slowdown. Works perfect. And is already activated

Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

And you not need to give email to install shade sanbox.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I tried it in my system 3 days ago and had to uninstalled it, got terribly slowdown and got frozen the system...

I just went to Activate but without typing any key I clicked and got activated...
From their FAQs

QUESTION: How to get and activate a key

ANSWER: Once installed, SHADE will activate a 30 days trial key so that you can try the product instantly. If you like the product, you can buy annual or lifetime key. If you are a security professional or business you can buy enterprise edition.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
From their FAQs

QUESTION: How to get and activate a key

ANSWER: Once installed, SHADE will activate a 30 days trial key so that you can try the product instantly. If you like the product, you can buy annual or lifetime key. If you are a security professional or business you can buy enterprise edition.

I will see the next 30 days and i will tell you sure. For now working very well without email and key. :)

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I will make a guide on how we do the installation of Avast without bloatware , ads , and telemetry.
1. download the exe. Download Free Antivirus Software | Avast 2020 PC Protection
2. uncheck the secure browser

.View attachment 236293
3. uncheck all the bloadware . Check only the shields.
4.After finish the install. Open the old setings. And start this tweaks Q&A - Avast Premier 2018 v18.5.2342 - How to Configure for Max Protection and Efficiency
5.For blocking the telemetry
6. Download syshardener Harden Windows Settings with SysHardener | NoVirusThanks
7. enjoy one of the best free antivirusView attachment 236292

You should install the Mail Shield...
Interesting, mine wanted to install Chrome, not Avast Secure Browser o_O

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
You should install the Mail Shield...
Interesting, mine wanted to install Chrome, not Avast Secure Browser o_O
If he doesn't use any email client installed, he doesn't need mail shield. Web shield will cover malicious links coming from email client in his browser.
Avast will prompt users to install AB&C softwares. We should be aware and deny if possible

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
If he doesn't use any email client installed, he doesn't need mail shield. Web shield will cover malicious links coming from email client in his browser.
Avast will prompt users to install AB&C softwares. We should be aware and deny if possible
I use windows 10 Mail app every day, I'm guessing most people do, it's the best email client imo, not too complex like Outlook or Thunderbird and very light.

Reactions: stefanos

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I use windows 10 Mail app every day, I'm guessing most people do, it's the best email client imo, not too complex like Outlook or Thunderbird and very light.
yes, in this case, you definitely need mailshield
I personally don't use any offline email client, just online clients, because it takes no disk space and resource. I can also turn off mailshield in my AV to lower resource usage

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I like the app because it's quicker, I always see my new emails even when I'm not on the browser. I think the Mail app doesn't take much disk space or resources, it's just like any store app in the background, almost nothing, that's also why I like it. Desktop email clients like Office's Outlook and Thunderbird are way heavier.

Strangely enough, the Avast email signature is not working for me, I've sent some test emails to myself and it doesn't show. I've checked the settings. So I'm not sure if the Mail Shield is working with the mail app at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: stefanos

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Trying to catch up on MT threads, @stefanos, this was a good one to start with. I like your setup and have been interested in the reactions it has brought from other MT users - that is always a good sign in my view here on MT, both +ve and -ve reactions provoke some good debate among the people here.

I'll be interested in seeing if Shade is free for you after the 30 days are up, as I'd like to try an alternative to Sandboxie. I'm not yet convinced that the Windows Sandbox is what I want (I am open to others here convincing me, or otherwise). Good to see Oxynger getting a mention here.

How long have you used AOMEI OneKey Recovery ?

I am happy to continue using Macrium Reflect as it does what I want it to very well, but I'm interested to hear more about alternative back up software.

stefanos

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Trying to catch up on MT threads, @stefanos, this was a good one to start with. I like your setup and have been interested in the reactions it has brought from other MT users - that is always a good sign in my view here on MT, both +ve and -ve reactions provoke some good debate among the people here.

I'll be interested in seeing if Shade is free for you after the 30 days are up, as I'd like to try an alternative to Sandboxie. I'm not yet convinced that the Windows Sandbox is what I want (I am open to others here convincing me, or otherwise). Good to see Oxynger getting a mention here.

How long have you used AOMEI OneKey Recovery ?

I am happy to continue using Macrium Reflect as it does what I want it to very well, but I'm interested to hear more about alternative back up software.
I use AOMEI one key many years . I can't comment on other back up software. My English is bad and it is difficult for me to try programs that are not in my language. I just learned aomei over the years. He does his job and I stay with it. :) The Macrium Reflect It is suggested by all members of the forum. For shade sandbox i will wait the month. And this i like it because is very simple and i not need English to work with it . But i test it with some samples and is secure. Is good product for me.

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
My realtime malware protection is mosltly the same as yours: Windows Defender with Configure Defender, plus Syshardener outbound firewall rules. But I hop between Hard_ Configurator and Comodo Firewall at CS settings plus HIPS to complete my setup. With Macrium Reflect, it's that easy.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
stefanos Does ESET Online scanner download signatures on the folder its located at like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or downloads on drive C?
I had an old version of ESET Online scanner on the PC I am using today, so I thought I'd find out the answer to your question. I ran it and it offered to update to the latest version, I accepted and it downloaded, it ran the update itself, tried to open and has remained like in the screenshot for 5 minutes. I don't know if it was a buggy update file or the fact that I have to restart after the most recent Win 10 updates were installed earlier today. I'll report back later, I have to go out now.
ESET Online Scanner - 27.04.20.png

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I use AOMEI one key many years . I can't comment on other back up software. My English is bad and it is difficult for me to try programs that are not in my language. I just learned aomei over the years. He does his job and I stay with it. :) The Macrium Reflect It is suggested by all members of the forum. For shade sandbox i will wait the month. And this i like it because is very simple and i not need English to work with it . But i test it with some samples and is secure. Is good product for me.
Thank you.

Your English is better than that of many people here in England.

I've downloaded Shade and need to restart the PC now. I'll see if I can 'activate' it like harlan4096;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.