Status
Not open for further replies.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
hello mates, i need a little bit your opinions, especially trend micro users,

i sold my avira pro yesterday, than i bought trend micro maximum security , and i'm using right now,

there is a protection level normal and hypersensitive and.. switch protection normally ? whut is that.

can anybody light me up pls ?

Attachments

• 1x.PNG
    1x.PNG
    552.4 KB · Views: 574

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Following is just what I heard from another forum for antivirus fans in my country:

The hypersensitive mode is based on a whitelist maintained by TrendMicro (TM). Only programs scanned and verified by TM will be added to that whitelist.

When this mode is enabled, any file not in that whitelist will be blocked, no matter whether it is suspicious or not.

So you can consider it as a strict security mechanism. Yes, just like the Hardened Mode of avast.:D

For many users, this mode will be inconvenient for them. So, TM also provides the auto-switch mode.

When auto-switch mode is turned on, in most cases TM will work in the normal mode to avoid disturbing users.

However, for the case where TM suddenly detects many virus in a short time, TM could switch to the Highsensitive mode to suppress the outbreak of virus.

Please note that, the highsensitive mode cannot block any program when you are offline. Yes, just like the Hardened Mode of avast.:D

This is reasonable because TM is cloud based.

I do not mean TM is useless in offline. Highsensitive mode is just the last level of protection. There could be some other modules that can protect you.

Last edited:

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
Following is just what I heard from another forum for antivirus fans in my country:

The hypersensitive mode is based on a whitelist maintained by TrendMicro (TM). Only programs scanned and verified by TM will be added to that whitelist.

When this mode is enabled, any file not in that whitelist will be blocked, no matter whether it is suspicious or not.

So you can consider it as a strict security mechanism. Yes, just like the Hardened Mode of avast.:D

For many users, this mode will be inconvenient for them. So, TM also provides the auto-switch mode.

When auto-switch mode is turned on, in most cases TM will work in the normal mode to avoid disturbing users.

However, for the case where TM suddenly detects many virus in a short time, TM could switch to the Highsensitive mode to suppress the outbreak of virus.

Please note that, the highsensitive mode cannot block any program when you are offline. Yes, just like the Hardened Mode of avast.:D

This is reasonable because TM is cloud based.

I do not mean TM is useless in offline. Highsensitive mode is just the last level of protection. There could be some other modules that can protect you.

Wow thank you for Huge information so should ı Change it to normal Mode or let it stay autoswitch Mode? What do you suggest to me :)) ı think ı Will never select hypersensitive Mode

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Online_Sword has provided an easy understanding of the choices.

Further reading also helps, usually done by yourself.

If you're buying a product, why not check the Product Help guide (or look online, at least to understand the basic idea).
"Protection Level
This behaviour monitoring function is enabled by default to switch from Normal to Hypersensitive only when needed, but you can change this setting.
  • Normal - Detects and stops security threats based on clearly risky behaviour.
  • Hypersensitive - Aggressively eliminates programs even if they only pose a small risk of bad behaviour.
  • Switch protection level automatically - Increases the protection level only when you need it. This is the default setting."
The initial scan on my standard virtual machine test system took 51 minutes, rather longer than the current average of 31 minutes. However, a repeat scan took just 2.5 minutes, because the scanner was able to skip verified safe files. If you want a full scan that for-sure scans every file, you can choose the Hypersensitive protection level in the settings. Note, too, that if 24 hours have elapsed since the last scan, Trend Micro will again scan every file.
Read more: Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security 2016

TM 2015 Discussion on Wilders: Trend 2015 arrives tonight. Take a look. | Wilders Security Forums

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I personally recommend the auto-switch mode.

As mentioned in my last post, when you choose the auto-switch mode, in most cases TM will just work in the normal mode.

As far as I know, with the auto-switch mode enabled, TM will be switched to the hypersensitive mode only when viruses outbreaks.

Reactions: XhenEd and icerulez

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
I personally recommend the auto-switch mode.

As mentioned in my last post, when you choose the auto-switch mode, in most cases TM will just work in the normal mode.

As far as I know, with the auto-switch mode enabled, TM will be switched to the hypersensitive mode only when viruses outbreaks.

Thank you. :)I Will let it stay auto-switch mode than. And Huracan is right
I should get some info. Before buying antivirus :oops:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
This setting: Immediately close programs that have been exploited by hackers. This is enabled by default - I could not open Google Chrome, nor Microsoft Edge, plus the password manager needs some serious work.

icerulez

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
This setting: Immediately close programs that have been exploited by hackers. This is enabled by default - I could not open Google Chrome, nor Microsoft Edge, plus the password manager needs some serious work.
are you usind trend micro now :eek: what happened mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.