TaskbarX Update Thread

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
TaskbarX seems to have a problem on my laptop (also the previous version)

If stop, the taskbar doesn't revert to full display

1636333997884.png1636334368347.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@oldschool ,@HarborFront
This may have nothing to do with these issues, but starting with "TaskbarX Configurator.exe" might work. I also ran "TaskbarX.exe" directly several times and failed.

@SeriousHoax
If your PC is an 11, this may be a good idea as well.:)
I'm using the TaskbarX Configurator in Win 10

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@oldschool ,@HarborFront
This may have nothing to do with these issues, but starting with "TaskbarX Configurator.exe" might work. I also ran "TaskbarX.exe" directly several times and failed.
I just tried it again with Rainmeter and it's now working. I had to first undo my own changes to taskbar via W10 internal settings (I was using the "Link" feature to center icons), re-start Windows Explorer by signing out and now TaskbarX works: centered icons with full transparency. (y)(y)Next, I will try TaskbarX without Rainmeter. Stay tuned.

Update: Ran TaskbarX from ZIP file and it's working fine. Now that I know how to use it.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I just tried it again with Rainmeter and it's now working. I had to first undo my own changes to taskbar via W10 internal settings, re-start Windows Explorer by signing out and now TaskbarX works: centered icons with full transparency. (y)(y)Next, I will try TaskbarX without Rainmeter. Stay tuned.
Hopefully, this procedure will solve the problem of @HarborFront . If the problem is solved, I will take today off from work to celebrate.:D(y)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@oldschool ,@HarborFront
Always used the configurator.exe file for both start and stop.

So far has the latest version 1.7.3.0 worked fine, but I'm also still using Windows 10.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I don't know if this is the right way to start it because it's my way of using it.:) Also, I don't really understand the difference between animation effects.;)
How to run TaskbarX on startup? Once you click apply inside the Configurator

Also the videos point to the configurator so yes, it's for sure the right and correct way.

The different effects always been hard to understand, but that's also why the developer added the easy to test and decide option from within the configuration user interface. Today much easier then the early versions.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
  • Check if NewsAndInterests button has a valid handle if not skip it.
  • Check if Shell_TrayWnd has been found if not request it separately.
  • Check if Shell_SecondaryTrayWnd has been found if not request it separately.
  • Add SessionSwitch Event to detect user (sign in, sign out, lock, unlock).
  • Update TaskScheduler to 2.9.3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.