App Review TEST XyWall Anti Malware Free 2020

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I think it is because he uses old malware samples possibly.
Yes . And with vxvault urls :D

Our member have one very good test before one year.

This is his comment (translated from French)
XyWall is an antivirus software project developed by RxCloud.
This software aims to be NextGen and offers you free protection via the Cloud and by synchronizing data via a cache for protection without an Internet network.
The program includes an antivirus engine, a HIPS module (a bit like that of Norton with SONAR), an AI Machine Learning (which is Alix), a community cloud (VirusTotal with VTCloud), a malware damage repair function etc.

In this test, the software reacts correctly. Recent and even old threats are blocked and removed!
At startup, XyWall launches an IFC analysis which will simply classify the files by level of dangerousness in order to avoid false positives.
The analysis is super fast! Maybe because our tester performed this test on a 4G connection?
The software is very light.

But 2 points which is a pity:

- Several false positives (In the non-test, in our solo test, XyWall detected NPE and ProcessHacker as infection while they are healthy)
- No web protection, damage.

We welcome the efforts that RxCloud wishes to offer us, namely a NextGen antivirus project, which is very very effective, we can recommend this software and give our congratulations!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please make sure all videos are in English since the forum language is English.
I will leave it open since you have already discussed this but in the future these will be removed from view
Thank You :)

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Most of them were detected as Low Reputation, which tells me that they may detect any file that isnt known to them, not to mention it detected normal adware as trojans.
Had a look at their website and they mentioned behavioural detection along with cloud and community cloud, so it is promising. It seems that they're using their own engine.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I've tested their scanner online called "RoxasDev Cloud" (it uses AI technology "Alix") - two installation file of old security apps: Malware Defender and TinyWatcher with results "clean" and one sample of malware "Recoon info-stealer"...surprisely "infected" :)
200417154410_1.jpg

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
but I can't even get it from its page :(
Haha...already I know how it works :) They use on page small "funny" trick to download free version. If you think that it's easy and it's enough to clik button "XyWall Anti-Malware Free Home" you are wrong...this button enables text below - "Télécharger XyWall Anti-Malware Free Home " and that is real button to get ziped installation pack 😎

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Wow this software is hard to find when you google search it! I see what they mean about the download link. Any new AV tests? How would you rate it against WiseVector Stop X ?

Reactions: Andrew999

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Wow this software is hard to find when you google search it! I see what they mean about the download link. Any new AV tests? How would you rate it against WiseVector Stop X ?
The software page is very poor, there is no privacy policy and it is not even a company that develops the software. I wouldn't install it on a productive PC. From the software developer, well he just did a lot of testing on youtube with a particular malware. And then this new program appears.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
The software page is very poor, there is no privacy policy and it is not even a company that develops the software. I wouldn't install it on a productive PC. From the software developer, well he just did a lot of testing on youtube with a particular malware. And then this new program appears.

the software developer's youtube channel, I think it was already posted here on the forum.

Edit: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sam...fcb2a306cd3bbea09187/5e9b5511d4fcca44db3bf247
Its the same for every single program on the internet, it starts slow, over time when the product receives more users and feedback it will obviously get better.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.