Advice Request The Best Private Search Engine - What are you using?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

If privacy is your primary concern which search engine are you most likely to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I have been using Brave search but after that accidentally leaked court document that shows Google has been working with the US government using “keyword warrants” to troll for keywords entered into a search bar and then tie it to a users, making it so you have to be leery searching for anything now I have been testing a couple encrypted search engines I found on reedit

Search Encrypt

Gibiru

Just not sure of away to actually test their encryption to see if either are the real deal,

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I have been using Qwant for a long time, but use Youcare.world which is a charitable search engine that gives about 80% of the money on ads to a charity, like removing rubbish from the sea, planting trees, planting coral reefs, etc. I know this search engine isn't 100% privacy-friendly but is probably better than Google or some other options.

Reactions: Nevi and Andrew999

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I have been using Brave search but after that accidentally leaked court document that shows Google has been working with the US government using “keyword warrants” to troll for keywords entered into a search bar and then tie it to a users, making it so you have to be leery searching for anything now I have been testing a couple encrypted search engines I found on reedit

Search Encrypt

Gibiru

Just not sure of away to actually test their encryption to see if either are the real deal,

FYI: Doing some research I found that the Search Encrypt is affiliated with the Chinese government so would not use it, instead I am testing MetaGer which uses a proxy to hide your identity, it appears to primarily use Bing results and gives you the option to open result links anonymously.

Both it and Gibiru are fairly quick considering the extra measures to hide your identity.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Is the majority around here still using DDG? I was being a Twit just now and here's a little something. No surprise since there's Bing connections and whatnot.

I'll still use it until someone reports something untoward and then I won't. swisscows anyone? 🐮

PS, tried that one a while back, slow and truncated results Maybe it got better? Don't know myself as I'm addicted to instant results. 🥶

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Using google as search engine, as many other search engines dont do that well with the finnish searches, though duckduckgo is getting there
Agree, I like Google search results better. I usually don't have to wonder if it missed something or if I'm not getting something in a search. I know it will be pretty complete and thorough.

Last edited:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Occasionally DuckDuckGo, but mostly the not-so-private Bing AI engine.

I won't use a paid search engine like Brave Search Premium or Neeva Premium.

Reactions: Sorrento

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
From the link in your article: ADHD startups are exploding, and now there's even a dedicated browser

To nullify distractions, the browser incorporates AdBlock 2.0; a Focus Mode Timer disables all sounds, badges and notifications for a selected time or indefinitely; a Task Manager organizes your day; and there’s a built-in Pomodoro timer; it also claims to run 3x faster than Chrome, which, apparently, is important for ADHD sufferers. Suffice it to say, it has a number of other distraction-killing features; however, I’m not going to list them all here.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
No way. Horrible results. search.disroot.org (SearX) or startpage for me.
fwiw I tried searx first time, asked to find a German site I've been working with past 2 days, that also sells specific product, and searx did not find it. ddg found it immediately, so did Neeva

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.