Browser(s) and extensions
Cent x64:AdBlocker Ultimate, EagleGet
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk Cleaner

Ashu Kumar

Level 2
Verified
Oct 6, 2014
I installed Sumatra PDF, MS Office 2007 (on external HDD), MBAM, VLC Media Player and uBlock.

EagleGet Download manager:

I like the list of softwares you mentioned.

Sumatra Pdf reader is a great application for reading PDF files. (Foxit too is becoming bloated and takes much time in cold start.) and for other fancy features we have other commercial softwares.

Eagleget is another good free alternative to IDM.

I would suggest you to replace VLC by Daum Pot Player and ublock by ublock origin.

VLC sometimes struggles to play .mp4 files with serious lags in playback while sliding thorough the playing video. Well, it's a subjective opinion. :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I like the list of softwares you mentioned.

Sumatra Pdf reader is a great application for reading PDF files. (Foxit too is becoming bloated and takes much time in cold start.) and for other fancy features we have other commercial softwares.

Eagleget is another good free alternative to IDM.

I would suggest you to replace VLC by Daum Pot Player and ublock by ublock origin.

VLC sometimes struggles to play .mp4 files with serious lags in playback while sliding thorough the playing video. Well, it's a subjective opinion. :)
Daum Pot Playeris a very good suggestion i think. ;)

S

Sr. Normal

After trying these browsers i am thinking of installing Cent a second browser on my system;)

I hope all of you will find these information's helpful :)

Thanks @tonibalas . Your information really help. (as usual) :)

I will try Cent, is a navigator who I had not heard. I recently tried UC Browser (beta) based on Chrome and it is fast as a bullet, :eek: but you know, I'm looking for a convenient and fast browser with translation :oops: and it had to use extensions, so I dismissed :(

Thanks again my friend :)

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update:
Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64
Removed:
Norton Security ( installed on wife"s pc because EAM license ended )
MBAM
uBlock Origin
CCleaner

Installed:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016. Thanks MT for giveaway:D
uBlock on both Cyberfox and Cent browser
LastPass add-on on Cent
Noscript on Cyberfox

It's a basic config and it works just fine for me and it's light on system;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Forgot to mention what other software are installed in my system.
Revo Uninstaller Pro
Sumatra PDF
Shadow Defender
Bandzip

That's it as i said i like my config to be as light as possible

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
About Bandzip i just wanted to try something else than Winrar and 7-zip and from the reviews i read it seemed a good software.
I installed it and i am using for over a year. I use it mostly on Malware Hub section.
It's stable and pretty fast when unpacking, so far i am happy with it and no need to change it.

About Cent i wanted to find a chromium based browser because Chrome was a bit on my system.
I tried Slimjet for awhile but it was using a little more CPU than Cyberfox.
After trying some other browsers i ended it up with Cent which uses very little CPU and about Ram usage is about the same
with Cyberfox.
I really like Cent and the good thing is that it's being updated to the new chromium engine very quick.
And of course it's fast and very stable.

S

Sr. Normal

In my Chrome based, Ghostery and uBlock Origin crash, but not in Firefox x64. You have a very good config.
You know you are, for me, a point of reference when we speak about browsers. Then you can tell me, please, why you prefer Cent browser? I am using SlimJet. Thanks

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Sr. Normal i prefer Cent because in my system it uses less CPU than Slimjet.
On my system,on your system it could be the other way around.

@Noxx for me too Cyberfox wasn't working well lately that's why i changed to Firefox.

@frogboy i thought it was time for something new:)

@J Gamez065 i will take into consideration your suggestion

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Update.
Firefox removed.
Doesn't let me open some pages like google.com:confused: and it blocks YouTube videos:confused:. Oh come on:mad:

Installed Ghostery on Cent.

For now secondasy browser will be Edge.

@Sr. Normal i forgot to mention i am using uBlock not uBlock Origin.
The reason is because i want a simple adblocker. For malicious sites i have KIS;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.