Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017 (11.0)

Have you tried Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • No, but I will now

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters

rosendalek

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Trend Micro Maximum security 11 is the perfect companion as you explore the world wide web, play games and work. It keeps children safe, and vulnerable seniors from falling victim to cyber criminals. Average price is $79.95AUD or $61 USD. Because 90% of the products work is done in the cloud, Trend Micro only pushes physical definition files out once a week, which is perfect for those users who have a limited data allowance.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for the review.

Voted no for the poll. I don't use AV/IS anymore on my main system.

However I believe it is a very good security software. My previous company uses Trend Micro Enterprise Solution. Tweak abit more to enhance.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks for the review :)
Strange that multiple people here in this thread are telling that Trend Micro failed at cleaning and detecting certain malware. In what I've seen in videos and in other reviews, it always performed very good. But I never tried it myself, so I can't tell if its good or bad.
@LabZero That is not a good score at all for TM, but I know enough other AV's that are failing terribly when it comes to ransomware. Trend Micro isn't the only one that needs to improve in that field.

L

LabZero

Thanks for the review :)
Strange that multiple people here in this thread are telling that Trend Micro failed at cleaning and detecting certain malware. In what I've seen in videos and in other reviews, it always performed very good. But I never tried it myself, so I can't tell if its good or bad.
@LabZero That is not a good score at all for TM, but I know enough other AV's that are failing terribly when it comes to ransomware. Trend Micro isn't the only one that needs to improve in that field.
Agreed, that's not just a problem of TM because a ransomware often use process hollowing, so it is running a legitimate Windows process, but in suspended mode. At that point, it empties the memory in use by the same process and injects the payload.
In this way, the code runs under the legitimate proces, this doesn't allow the antivirus to detect it, even when it is beginning to encrypt or delete files and shadow copies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.