Advice Request Trendmicro is a very decent product.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It's a very good product but I have to say it's BB is not as good as it may seem because most of its detection are cloud based not BB based. The cloud blocks the program upon execution, kind of similar to Windows Defender but WD has better offline signatures. Their notification is very plain and simple so its not always to understand what was blocked by the cloud and what by the BB. The BB is pretty good and very good at blocking suspicious script commands.
They should focus more on performance. The app launching time with Trend Micro is the worst of any AV I tested in the last 2 years. Even when you just close an app and relaunch it few seconds later, it still loads slowly the next time. The other issue is, malwares can't be removed from the quarantine. There's literally no option in the UI to manually do so which is extremely absurd.

Last edited:

Bryan320

Level 8
Thread author
Oct 11, 2019
Lets see what performance improvements will come with trendmicro 2021 beta. They are aware of the following issues about the performance and are working to fix those soon. In my opinion besides the performance issues it’s a very nice all around product.

Last edited:

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
they are aware of performance issues at least since 2018 version (beta tested for a long time, and have reported that issue every single time) and...well 2020 version, is not better, last time i talk with the beta test manager, the response was: is working like we want it to be.... ( dont get me wrong i like the product..but...issues..issues)

"22/06/2018 10:35

Hi Marcio,

Currently this is our design and spects for our Product. If you wish to install a lighter version you may use Trend Micro Anti Virus Plus. Let me know if you have questions on this.

Best regards,
ALLEN REYES
Beta Test Coordinator
TrendLabs HQ, Trend Micro Incorporated
=================================
Web: http://beta.trendmicro.com

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Everyone has they're own opinions on products lol......... kaspersky works for the russians. Avast sells you're data. Norton works with the FBI. mcafee also works with the FBI. No matter what product you use it's always something....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Maybe some truth but as a long time KIS user I see no evidence of the Russian government?

Kaspersky.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.