Advice Request Trendmicro is a very decent product.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Trend Micro has a history of significantly making the surface attack area bigger in systems where its products are deployed, it is bad in enterprise products because of its glacial development cycle and it is even worse on home user products because they dont care at all with that market.

Google researcher blasts Trend Micro for massive Antivirus security hole - ExtremeTech (2016 and Trend Micro is still a piece of [redacted])

It makes me really wonder why a home user would willing buy and install Trend Micro, just why punish yourself? Maybe because the beautiful 2015 interface that is still used today?

Dont buy the 100 % detection AV-Comparatives results, it is a terrible product, always has been, just use Microsoft Defender or something decent like Kaspersky, ESET, Emisisoft or Bitdefender.

Ps: It is a rhetorical question, I dont care if you use or like Trend Micro.

Last edited:

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Trend Micro has a history of significantly making the surface attack area bigger in systems where its products are deployed, it is bad in enterprise products because of its glacial development cycle and it is even worse on home user products because they dont care at all with that market.

Google researcher blasts Trend Micro for massive Antivirus security hole - ExtremeTech (2016 and Trend Micro is still a piece of [redacted])

It makes me really wonder why a home user would willing buy and install Trend Micro, just why punish yourself? Maybe because the beautiful 2015 interface that is still used today?

Dont buy the 100 % detection AV-Comparatives results, it is a terrible product, always has been, just use Microsoft Defender or something decent like Kaspersky, ESET, Emisisoft or Bitdefender.

you are right

Nightwater

Level 2
Jan 26, 2021

Let me tell you something you don't know: Trend Micro is one of the most respected security companies in the world, protects the most famous multinational companies, expert testing sites always rank it as one of the best, do you think I'll believe in you (a common user) rather than someone who really understands security? Speaks seriously.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Let me tell you something you don't know: Trend Micro is one of the most respected security companies in the world, protects the most famous multinational companies, expert testing sites always rank it as one of the best, do you think I'll believe in you (a common user) rather than someone who really understands security? Speaks seriously.

Let me tell you something that you should know by now: I dont care about your opinion.

Dont reply me, dont waste our time.

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
its kinda a mid-tire product, not like bad, but not the best
1628982119515.png

1628982136451.png

Nightwater

Level 2
Jan 26, 2021
Let me tell you something that you should know by now: I dont care about your opinion.

Dont reply me, dont waste our time.
I'll reply as many times as I want, this is a free opinion forum, if you don't know how to debate go back to your Facebook, then you can chat with yourself. You say things you don't know, invent a lot to try to discredit a company, I realized that, an ugly craze.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
When emotions enter the discussion, it becomes confusing. It also makes the subject of the discussion unclear. Let's calm down a bit.
I admit that it is famous and many companies use it. But I don't think it's because it's better than the others.
It's the same as Windows, which has the largest market share in the world and is constantly being criticized.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
It is a product the Hub more then likely will revisit and soon test again with the latest version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.