Solved Trouble using Emsisoft Emergency Kit to remove multiple Chrome.exe *32 virus

I included all three files. FYI - I when I opened my browser window, there was a URL for Cassiopesa which is the virus that started all of this. Plus when I just checked, there are 6 instances of chrome.exe *32 running so I'm still right where I started.
 

Attachments

I had to run it twice since I for got to check the box the first time. What do I do next? I still have 5 instances of chrome.exe *32 so I know the virus is still there.
 
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

When I boot up, the chromium window does not come up any more but there are still 6 iterations of chrome.exe *32 running which I understand is a symptom of the virus.
 
Yes - I have chrome open and now there's 8 instances running. Plus I just got a popup for "voice five". It disappeared before I could get a screen shot.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top