oldschool

Level 26
Verified
I did but it still don't block ads in the video.
I don't understand why you use "allow" rules when dynamic filtering and you're blocking 3rd party scripts & frames. I only use "noop" rules to configure a website in medium mode. This method hasn't failed me yet. I suggest using "noop" rules only, starting with a "noop" rule for your 1st party domain. You can see my detailed post on your other thread.

Here's my newest ultra-light filter list for medium mode users. Try it, you'll like it. (y)

uBO_static_ 2019-05-14 211437.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 16
Verified
I don't understand why you use "allow" rules when dynamic filtering and you're blocking 3rd party scripts & frames. I only use "noop" rules to configure a website in medium mode. This method hasn't failed me yet. I suggest using "noop" rules only, starting with a "noop" rule for your 1st party domain. You can see my detailed post on your other thread.

Here's my newest ultra-light filter list for medium mode users. Try it, you'll like it. (y)

View attachment 213608
Only use allow as last resort when a site simply won't function without that rule.
Use noop.
request can be blocked (block), allowed (allow), or ignored (noop). A noop rule will cause matching network requests to be ignored by the dynamic filtering engine, but those ignored network requests will still be subjected to static filtering (filter lists).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 16
Verified
Yes, that is the recommended way to use dynamic blocking. I wish I had known @SumTingWong was using 'allow' earlier. It might have saved him some trouble.
That's the problem with advanced options...
If you don't really understand them there is always the risk of doing it wrong or complicate things unnecessarily.
So it's always a good thing to do some research first and/or ask when in doubt questions at MalwareTips or other forums.

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 26
Verified
That's the problem with advanced options...
If you don't really understand them there is always the risk of doing it wrong or complicate things unnecessarily.
So it's always a good thing to do some research first and/or ask when in doubt questions at MalwareTips or other forums.
I quite agree. My journey with uBO began with the video and dev's website and I have referred often to the uBO wiki, but there is no way around some trial and error with these apps. I have complicated it for myself at times as well. I was and remain put off by uMatrix, NoScript and others because I see they take even more knowledge and skill than I have the patience to develop. Even so, when I have dabbled in those other apps it has motivated me to return to uBO and learn how to extract the most from it. In the end, every seeker must find his own way! Thank goodness MT and other forums are available to us.

SumTingWong

Level 22
Verified
I quite agree. My journey with uBO began with the video and dev's website and I have referred often to the uBO wiki, but there is no way around some trial and error with these apps. I have complicated it for myself at times as well. I was and remain put off by uMatrix, NoScript and others because I see they take even more knowledge and skill than I have the patience to develop. Even so, when I have dabbled in those other apps it has motivated me to return to uBO and learn how to extract the most from it. In the end, every seeker must find his own way! Thank goodness MT and other forums are available to us.
But I still don't know what the heck is wrong with Chrome UBO version. This never happened in the past since the day I switched from Adblock Plus to UBO.

oldschool

Level 26
Verified
In medium mode, you still see the cookie messages if you dont enable cookielists like fanboys, or i dont care cookies as example... @oldschool how do you play with those? Just block the cookie element?
Yes, I started using the "Block element" feature fairly recently and have trimmed my filter list, so I just create the filters I need for cookie pop-ups, etc.