New Update uBlock Origin/Nano Adblocker - User Tips, Questions and Issues Thread

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
You see I noop everything and still no pictures and videos. Can show a picture of your noop setting in FF hard mode?

View attachment 244289

Have you tried to check the logger? What about temporarily noop the 3rd-party, 3rd-party scripts and 3rd-party frames instead of the hostnames one by one? I can't reproduce your issue over here. So it's probably filter lists you use or conflict with other extension(s).

Reactions: plat

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

Have you tried to check the logger? What about temporarily noop the 3rd-party, 3rd-party scripts and 3rd-party frames instead of the hostnames one by one? I can't reproduce your issue over here. So it's probably filter lists you use or conflict with other extension(s).

From the below you can see when 3rd-party and/or 3rd-party scripts are disabled (NOT RED) the page loads ok. 3rd-party frames enabled is ok. All other extensions disabled.

However, this defeats the purpose of hard mode in uBO which requires ALL 3rd-parties to be enabled (RED)

1594823410638.png

So far I encountered two(2) such sites with uBO hard mode in FF and they need to be whitelisted for them to load the page. Since uBO is disabled here I have Ghostery as another extension to do the filtering of these sites and they load properly without issue

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
From the below you can see when 3rd-party and/or 3rd-party scripts are enabled (RED) the page will NOT load. 3rd-party frames enabled is ok. All other extensions disabled.

However, this defeats the purpose of hard mode in uBO

View attachment 244292

It's not about defeating the purpose of hard mode. It's about looking for the cause of your problem. If nobody else can reproduce the issue then you need to narrow down the possible causes. Noop-ing hostnames one by one isn't a good approach since uBO introduce CNAME uncloaking because you could miss some hostnames.

1594823964237.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

It's not about defeating the purpose of hard mode. It's about looking for the cause of your problem. If nobody else can reproduce the issue then you need to narrow down the possible causes. Noop-ing hostnames one by one isn't a good approach since uBO introduce CNAME uncloaking because you could miss some hostnames.

View attachment 244293
In post #239 (page 12) you can see that I have noop ALL except those 3rd-parties

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Can somebody help me how to play the video from this local news site?
I have the following (not recommended any more) allow rules:
omroepwest.nl consensu.org * allow
omroepwest.nl faktor.io * allow
The first one is for the cookie banner
The second one enables the videos.
I need them both.
With noop I don't see the videos and therefore can't play them.
Here you can see how AdGuard handled them:

Last edited:

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
In post #239 (page 12) you can see that I have noop ALL except those 3rd-parties
I can only see some of them. Your screenshot doesn't cover all the detected hostnames. The reason I brought that up is because extra hostnames and uncloaked CNAME only appear after you noop every hostname then reload the page. Pay attention to the domains connected and compare your screenshot against mine. You'll see there are more domains number in my screenshot.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I can only see some of them. Your screenshot doesn't cover all the detected hostnames. The reason I brought that up is because extra hostnames and uncloaked CNAME only appear after you noop every hostname then reload the page. Pay attention to the domains connected and compare your screenshot against mine. You'll see there are more domains number in my screenshot.
Redone the nooping for ALL except the 3rd-parties. Are you a paid subscriber to the site or its affiliates?

1594826976017.png

1594827005139.png

Last edited:

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
So where's your screenshots? Redone the nooping for ALL except the 3rd-parties
In my other reply.
Edit: And no. I'm not a paying subscriber. I only aware the existence of this site from your post.
Here's what actually noop-ing every hostname on that site look like. It took me 3 reloads after every phase of noop to get all the hostnames appeared. I don't like this site if I must say to myself. The amounts of 3rd party connections it makes is just ridiculous.
1594828111941.png

1594828243621.png

1594828266126.png

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
In my other reply.
Ok seen it. Thanks

You can check mine and can see that certain hostnames are not listed

So are you a paid subscriber to the site or its affiliates? Anyway just forget about it.........after all...........only 2 sites.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Ok seen it. Thanks

You can check mine and can see that certain hostnames are not listed

So are you a paid subscriber to the site or its affiliates? Anyway just forget about it.........after all...........only 2 sites.
I edited my previous post with the answer and new screenshots.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.