New Update Ungoogled Chromium

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
So with some of these, the extensions are more difficult to install?
Not for Elosotn flavor but not sure of the woolyss flavor as I'm not using it

Read through the 4 pages on this thread and the manner extensions are uploaded NOT directly from Chrome Web Store are there. Basically, 3 easy methods include

1) Installing the Ungoogled Chromium Extension Installer extension
2) Go to crxextractor.com to install the extensions
3) Download the crx file (from either crxextractor.com or crx4chrome.com) for the extension and then drag-and-drop onto the extension page in UC

For UC you can also install extensions from non-Chrome Web Store. Chrome browser prevents you from installing from 3rd-party stores

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Not for Elosotn flavor but not sure of the woolyss flavor as I'm not using it

Read through the 4 pages on this thread and the manner extensions are uploaded NOT directly from Chrome Web Store are there. Basically, 3 easy methods include

1) Installing the Ungoogled Chromium Extension Installer extension
2) Go to crxextractor.com to install the extensions
3) Download the crx file (from either crxextractor.com or crx4chrome.com) for the extension and then drag-and-drop onto the extension page in UC

For UC you can also install extensions from non-Chrome Web Store. Chrome browser prevents you from installing from 3rd-party stores

Thanks I will have a look at this thread. Which build are you running and why?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I would still prefer to have the most up to date one with patches etc.
Use UC from Marmaduke @ woolyss.com for most frequently updated ungoogled version. Yes, all of a sudden it is a bit behind the Eloston version, which was last updated in May, whereas Marmaduke's was last updated July 19.
So with some of these, the extensions are more difficult to install?
@HarborFront is right. These are all easy methods for installing extensions. I generally use Method #3, but sometimes grab it directly from GitHub/Lab and drag/drop - depending on extension - which I suppose makes this Method #4. ;)

I use this version since it updates the same as Brave release, and has some (?) extra flags not found in Eloston. (y)

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Thanks I will have a look at this thread. Which build are you running and why?
I'm using the Eloston version all these while. Unless the UC flavor by Marmaduke @ woolyss.com is identical to the Elsoton I might switch over.

Eloston's flavor is contributed by different authors but Marmaduke @ woolyss.com is authored by him only

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Use UC from Marmaduke @ woolyss.com for most frequently updated ungoogled version. Yes, all of a sudden it is a bit behind the Eloston version, which was last updated in May, whereas Marmaduke's was last updated July 19.

@HarborFront is right. These are all easy methods for installing extensions. I generally use Method #3, but sometimes grab it directly from GitHub/Lab and drag/drop - depending on extension - which I suppose makes this Method #4. ;)

I use this version since it updates the same as Brave release, and has some (?) extra flags not found in Eloston. (y)
Likely because Brave moves faster than the Eloston UC so there are some flags not available

At this moment both Brave and UC@Eloston are at the same version and build. Any new flags Brave has that are not available in UC?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Marmaduke does not have an installer? Only available as portable? The one above it, Hibbiki has one. Btw, what is the difference between Marmaduke and Hibbiki? Two different people? Thanks.
There are many UC flavors compiled by different authors and hosted by them at github or other depositories even for the same OS platform. Choose the one you need and stick to the same author

From below

Hibbiki don't have a Ungoogled Chromium flavor

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I meant that Eloston has different flags than Marmaduke. M has 3 fingerprinting flags and last I checked E had only 1 or 2, before today's update.
FYI, UC by Eloston already has the following flags in v81 against fingerprinting because I'm using Eloston's flavor all these while

• Enable get*ClientRects() fingerprint deception
  • Enable Canvas::measureText() fingerprint deception
  • Enable Canvas image data fingerprint deception
Are they the same as Marmaduke?

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
FYI, UC by Eloston already has the following flags in v81 against fingerprinting because I'm using Eloston's flavor all these while

• Enable get*ClientRects() fingerprint deception
  • Enable Canvas::measureText() fingerprint deception
  • Enable Canvas image data fingerprint deception
Are they the same as Marmaduke?
Yes. I think the last Eloston version didn't have all these? Only the new version?

Reactions: [correlate]

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For those using UC@woolyss by Marmaduke please note the v84 (and previous versions) has widevine built-in which belongs to Google

Someone raised an issue on whether UC by Marmaduke is trustable and why it wasn't hosted at Eloston's site. And Eloston replied below.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.