New Update Ungoogled Chromium

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have tried the Marmaduke and the Eloston versions of Chromium.

What is interesting in these versions of Chromium, there are no Settings in the Security section of the browsers to set Secure DNS over HTTPS to your DNS of choice like the settings appear in the current version of Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera for that matter.

Could it be that Google despite its "call home" history is one up on Chromium by making these specific settings available within the program gui?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have tried the Marmaduke and the Eloston versions of Chromium.

What is interesting in these versions of Chromium, there are no Settings in the Security section of the browsers to set Secure DNS over HTTPS to your DNS of choice like the settings appear in the current version of Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera for that matter.

Could it be that Google despite its "call home" history is one up on Chromium by making these specific settings available within the program gui?
Is there DoH server selection setting in other browsers like Chromium, Brave, Vivaldi, Opera etc? I maybe wrong but I think not at the moment.

However, enabling the flag 'Secure DNS lookups' will not encrypt DNS queries unless a user is using an OS-wide DNS server that also has a DoH interface. Most likely, you'll need to add one of those DoH friendly DNS servers to your OS's DNS settings if you want to make DoH work.

Unquote

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
In edge
1602602196713.png

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just tried NeverDecaf's Chromium Web Store extension and it works. It allows adding extensions from chrome web store on ungoogled-chromium. Also adds semi-automatic extension updating.

It displays a list of the installed extensions and will alert you when an update is available. When you click on it, it'll extract the extension's crx file and install it automatically for you. Best of all the methods mentioned below as in the earlier post

1) Installing the Ungoogled Chromium Extension Installer extension
2) Go to crxextractor.com to install the extensions
3) Download the crx file (from either crxextractor.com or crx4chrome.com) for the extension and then drag-and-drop onto the extension page in UC

1610004874697.png

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
If you want it quick

Ungoogled Chromium v88.0.4324.182-1 for Win x64 released by tangalbert919 at Eloston site. He's the same contributor who released the v88.0.4324.150-1 (and previous releases) in the above post. Read below post.

IMO, I think it should be ok to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
If you want it quick

Ungoogled Chromium v88.0.4324.182-1 for Win x64 released by tangalbert919 at Eloston site. He's the same contributor who released the v88.0.4324.150-1 (and others) in the above post. Read below post.

IMO, I think it should be ok to use.
Unable to install any themes or extensions. No thanks! 😀

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Unable to install any themes or extensions. No thanks! 😀
You'll need to go to chrome://flags/#extension-mime-request-handling to change from "Default" to "Install always" to make it prompt the user to install. "Default" will cause you to download the extension's crx file instead.

Also, enable Developer mode at the top right corner in the Extensions page

Follow my post #113 up above and you can install extensions easily

Last edited:
Reactions: Sammo

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
You'll need to go to chrome://flags/#extension-mime-request-handling to change from "Default" to "Install always" to make it prompt the user to install. "Default" will cause you to download the extension's crx file instead.

Also, enable Developer mode at the top right corner in the Extensions page

Follow my post #113 up above and you can install extensions easily
Thanks! I had forgotten this. The problem is that there still is never an install link on any themes or extensions at the chrome webstore.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Thanks! I had forgotten this. The problem is that there still is never an install link on any themes or extensions at the chrome webstore.
You need to install NeverDecaf's Chromium Web Store extension. The link is provided in my post #113. See below screenshots. The file is a zip file. Unzip in a folder and use 'Load unpacked' in the Extensions page below to point to the unzipped folder (not file) and get the extension installed.

1614469533822.png

After that go to Chrome Web Store to find the extension you need and click 'Add to Chromium' as below.

Follow the on screen instruction at the bottom left of the screen to install the extension

Can you see those extensions I installed in the below screenshot in Ungoogled Chromium?

1614469659714.png

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.