Advice Request Uninstaller Alternative?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 96160
  • Start date Start date
System utilities
112 Replies 22,990 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
I am using Smarty Uninstaller and I am very happy with it. It is free and digitally signed.

THe feature I like the most is Snapshot install and it DOES NOT REQUIRE ADMIN PRIVILEGES TO BE USED. This is very good from a security stand point. What it does is that it creates a system snapshot before you run the installer and then another one after the installation process.
 
Do you have to keep it updated? I had a lic but it expired years ago. I think it's version 5. Otherwise I use Hbit or if it's something I want to try then I just create an image and revert it once I am done testing things. I used to use Shadow Defender for that but alas that is now an abandonware.
Personally I have tried most of the uninstallers, the differences are negligible. I'd either use Smarty Uninstaller or Hibit. For me it does not make any sense to pay for Revo or any other uninstaller as they do not offer anything remarkable that the free options do not offer.
 
Personally I have tried most of the uninstallers, the differences are negligible. I'd either use Smarty Uninstaller or Hibit. For me it does not make any sense to pay for Revo or any other uninstaller as they do not offer anything remarkable that the free options do not offer.
And btw I'd choose Smarty as it is digitally signed.

Ashampoo is good too and you can find giveaways for it.

iobit is the one installer id never touch. It is too sketchy for me (you can read about their incident with Malwarebytes).
 
Have users of "HiBit Uninstaller" ever received false positive results, or can I blindly delete the remaining files that the program found?
I've experienced many false positives, so you should always carefully check what it wants to delete. Usually there are no false positives, but it happens enough to not just blindly delete everything. However, I always use the most aggressive scan mode.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top