Setup Idea : Upgrading PC Setup with HBA & Converged Adapters for High-Performance System

Thread details
Last updated
Feb 10, 2025
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Not applicable
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow beta system updates
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Tp link
Real-time protection
Active
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Active
Periodic malware scanners
active
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Active
Browsers and extensions
Active
Secure DNS
Active
Desktop VPN
Active
Password and passkey manager
Active
Maintenance tools
Active
File and photo backups
Active
System recovery
Active
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Making audio/video calls
Computer specs
Window 10
I7
Notable changes
No
Recommended for
  1. All types of users

makahomes

New Member
Hi everyone,

I’m planning to upgrade my PC setup and could use some advice on hardware ideas, particularly related to HBA & Controllers and Converged Adapters 10 Gigabit. I’m looking to build a high-performance system that can handle data-intensive tasks like virtualization, NAS storage, and possibly even a home lab setup.

Here’s what I’m considering:

  1. HBA (Host Bus Adapter): I’ve been eyeing an LSI SAS HBA for better storage management and expandability. Does anyone have experience with these? Are there specific models you’d recommend for a mixed-use setup (gaming, storage, and virtualization)?
  2. Converged Adapter: I’m also exploring 10 Gigabit converged adapters to future-proof my network and storage setup. Are these worth the investment for a home lab or small business environment? Any recommendations for reliable brands or models?
  3. 10 Gigabit Networking: For those using 10 Gigabit adapters, how has your experience been? Did you notice a significant improvement in data transfer speeds or network performance?
My goal is to create a versatile and scalable system that can handle gaming, media storage, and light virtualization. Any tips, recommendations, or personal experiences with these components would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top