Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
The changes a new version are:
  • Antispam SDK was updated
  • VIPRE Anti Rootkit was updated
  • Exploit Detection - Detects exploitation attempts such as Heap Spraying, DLL Injection, Executable Stack, Process Hollowing, etc.
  • AMSI integration - Intercepts, scans and potentially blocks any command line involving script interpreters such as cmd, PowerShell, etc.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Biggest issue I had was when I would reboot the pc, it bricked. Then I could only get into safe mode, and restored to pre install. Over and over and over again. Yes, smooth as glass when running, also EXTREMELY LITE!!!! Also ran into issues when I ran a driver update. I don’t know….. I love Vipre. Always have, just don’t use it because it was just too heavy. We’ll see how the beta goes. Fingers crossed. Seems we’re kinda on our own on this one, support seems to have left the building. ✌️✌️

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Any developments?
None whatsoever. They closed the forum, again, don't reply to tickets, emails, log reports, nothing. I installed it again the other day in hopes of seeing something, ANYTHING better, but saw nothing different. Same 12.0.1.96.... Only changes were to sig updates. Was really hoping to seeing maybe Beta2, or some program updates....Just sad. ✌️ :(

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@BigWrench , but is it still possible to join their Beta group or is that also scrapped?
No need to apply or join, really, just download, and go. ✌️

Beta Download: https://go.threattracksecurity.com/?linkid=1616

Beta Registration Key: 4227W-263WQ-7MQQQ-2SKSW-EPSYR

If the key doesn't work, maybe you can get a key from installing a trial, saving the key code, and uninstalling the trial. I really don't know for sure if keys have been updated.

Keep us posted! ✌️

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.