VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi somebody can help i want to know how to manage vodooshield exclusions or white list for example if i add X program as a False positive how can i quit from exclusions?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

DotNet

Level 1
Verified
Sep 4, 2017
4.08 is working good. No issues with whitelisting something & the nag screen popping up over & over for the same thing, as with previous build. Looking like this is going to be close to final now.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Oops, I recently found and fixed a bug that was probably causing some issues all along, so I wanted to release a new version that fixes this.

Do you guys remember when I was talking about adding the parent process check to VS? I added this check, but did forgot that before VS adds something to the whitelist, it checks to see if the item is in the whitelist or not… but the parent process check was not added to this check. So some items were not added to the whitelist, because VS already whitelisted that item with a different parent process.

Anyway, it is fixed now, sorry about that. FYI, VS does process name, process path, SHA-256 hash and parent process path comparison to check to see if the file is whitelisted or not. I would also add file size, but it can take a while to calculate file sizes for big files, and there are occasions when the file sizes do not match.

www.voodooshield.co/Download/InstallVoodooShield408beta.exe

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!
Hi Dan 4.08 is running great.
Got 2 errors in the DeveloperLog.log:
[10-14-2017 12:12:49] [ERROR] - Exception in Utilities_VerifyDigitalSignature: Lengte kan niet minder dan nul zijn.
Parameternaam: length. bij System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
bij VoodooShield.Utilities.GetDigitalSignature(String processPath)
[10-14-2017 12:12:49] [INFO ] - CommandLine allowed by Parent Process: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
[10-14-2017 12:12:50] [INFO ] - Auto Allowed: conhost.exe, c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
[10-14-2017 12:12:50] [INFO ] - Process allowed by Allowed Windows Path: c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
[10-14-2017 12:12:50] [INFO ] - Process blocked by CleanupWindowsPathsAndCommandLines: c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
[10-14-2017 12:12:50] [ERROR] - Exception in Utilities_VerifyDigitalSignature: Lengte kan niet minder dan nul zijn.
Parameternaam: length. bij System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
bij VoodooShield.Utilities.GetDigitalSignature(String processPath)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Hi somebody can help i want to know how to manage vodooshield exclusions or white list for example if i add X program as a False positive how can i quit from exclusions?
You can remove individual entries from the Whitelist (and Quarantine) by right-clicking on the entry and selecting "Delete". Is that what you are asking?

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Very cool, thank you guys for letting me know! Yeah, I think we are getting very close now… there will still probably be a few bugs here and there that will trickle in, but I will fix them as we go.

So see, that was not so bad, huh? The beta test was just over a month, and this includes the time that I had to stop coding and build and secure a new server and move websites around. Considering it was a complete rewrite of all of the major components of VS, I am extremely happy with the outcome… this could have easily gone on for 4-6 months.

Now that VS’s code is in great shape and everything is running well, there probably will never be a large-scale beta test like this again for VS. We will certainly add features from time to time, but the beta tests will be quick and easy.

Thank you to everyone who stuck with me and VS for just over a month to work through this, I know who you are and I really appreciate it… so if any of you need a license or extension, please email me.

Thank you guys!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
4.08 is working good. No issues with whitelisting something & the nag screen popping up over & over for the same thing, as with previous build. Looking like this is going to be close to final now.
Very cool, thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I don't know if this is related, but Chrome now launches downloaded zip files without complaining. I just downloaded 2 different zips and both came up without a notification. Out of curiosity, I tried an mp4 download, and it too launched without interruption. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if an overnight reboot changed things, but right now this looks good even with many of my installed programs sitting on "D drive". :cool:(y)
Hmmm, interesting. That must be a beneficial side effect of performing parent process path comparison as well. A more secure lock and even higher usability... it is a win-win.

It is funny how things always work on in the end . Thank you for letting me know!

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Yes i refer that bro can you show me a scren shot
2017-10-14_10h41_13.png
Same for Quarantine files.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
Anyboy got any ideas as to why drag and drop scans and right click give a no internet connection? My firewall shows VS is connected.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_91 Oct. 14 12.03.jpg
    ScreenHunter_91 Oct. 14 12.03.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 314
  • ScreenHunter_90 Oct. 14 12.02.jpg
    ScreenHunter_90 Oct. 14 12.02.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 329

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Anyboy got any ideas as to why drag and drop scans and right click give a no internet connection? My firewall shows VS is connected.
This is really odd... but I am certain it is an easy fix. So what you are saying is that if you double click a non-whitelisted item to launch it, VS will block it and provide all of the file insight correctly, right? Then right after that, you drag and drop the file to VS, and you get the message you posted?

If so, can you please drag and drop a file to VS, the immediately go to your DeveloperLog.log (after you receive the error message), and search for the word "exception" at the bottom of the log. If there are any exceptions, can you please post them on here? This has to be a super easy fix.

BTW, I just wanted to mention that it truly is great to see you "old guys" that I have known for the last 5-6 years!!! It really means a lot that you guys are still supporting VS and myself after all of this time ;).

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Still having problems here. Starting with the 4.0 betas each time the computer first boots it takes a snapshot then saves it, then the intro comes up to ask mode preference , works fine after that until I shut the computer down or restart it, it hangs for up to 5 seconds and then the screen elevates to ( this program is not allowing windows to shut down properly) the place where it's supposed to show what program is causing the problem is blank but it only does it when VS is installed.

VS 4.04b boots up without the snapshot and mode preference but still hangs at shutdown.

Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
Crystal Security
SysRestore = snapshot software

Appreciate this software and know you'll get it right.

Attachments

• DeveloperServiceLog.log
    11.3 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.