shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Among other fixes and features, the dev announced that the latest version (359b) has this important improvement:
"VS now starts with the service, so it should start much faster."

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hi.
Let's say some one wants to use vs(free)in the auto pilot mode.
Since it's the free version, you can't touch the settings so these options are already checked:
Automatically allow the whitelisted item in the voodoo AI cloud database.
Automatically allow items that match a digital signature in the whitelisted snap shot.

Ok? so if a user has Adgaurd in the white list snapshot that means if smth with Adgaurds dig sing want to run on his/her PC VS allow it by default lets think it's a digitally signed malware but it has detection rate in the virus total
Will vs block it in auto pilot mode?vs in auto pilot mode consider the settings?or only the detection rate from vt?

Last edited:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello.! Is there a translation of the program in Bulgarian? I, like a very big fan of a program, see that she, in Bulgaria, is starting to attract many admirers ...

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Some news regarding the upcoming new release:
upload_2017-7-26_16-5-22.png

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Is there anything to scan multiple files with the lastest version of VoodooAI? I'm helping Dan to find malicious files not flagged as "unsafe", in order to train AI, but scanning each file manually is hard work

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
Is there anything to scan multiple files with the lastest version of VoodooAI? I'm helping Dan to find malicious files not flagged as "unsafe", in order to train AI, but scanning each file manually is hard work
Dan was using some program to run multiple files but I can't remember what his setup was. Maybe send him an e-mail and ask what setup he was using.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
The problem here is Dan said he was testing WHitelisting anti exe's Appguard doesn't even have a whitelist, and it isn't really an AE. Bogus test.

Okay long ago when Eirik was still with Blueridge I tested AppGuard a lot, as far as I remember, it has:
1. Deny execution for User Folders (in default settings it allows/whitelists all signed programs)
2. Run vulnerable script processing/rich content apllications in a limited user container (not allowed to write to Windows and Program Files folder, HKLM)
3. Memory access protection (it was developed to as exploit mitigation)
4. Private folders feature to limit access to specific folders by some programs.

So you are telling AppGuard dropped the Deny Execute feature I mentioned as first or is it some sort of definition question? I am just asking because you call American Football, football while they are allowed to throw and catch the ball as with rugby, plus you are using a oval shaped rugby ball.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Okay long ago when Eirik was still with Blueridge I tested AppGuard a lot, as far as I remember, it has:
1. Deny execution for User Folders (in default settings it allows/whitelists all signed programs)
2. Run vulnerable script processing/rich content apllications in a limited user container (not allowed to write to Windows and Program Files folder, HKLM)
3. Memory access protection (it was developed to as exploit mitigation)
4. Private folders feature to limit access to specific folders by some programs.

So you are telling AppGuard dropped the Deny Execute feature I mentioned as first?
AG still blocks execution from user space.

Reactions: Solarquest

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Okay thx, does it also still auto-allow signed executables in default mode?

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Dan was using some program to run multiple files but I can't remember what his setup was. Maybe send him an e-mail and ask what setup he was using.
That is the EfficacyTest. I don't know if it's for my purpose, but I'll try, thank you

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
So... Guys... It appears that Dan is having some troubles at the other forums. He lost his developer badge and it looks like he is no longer able to post there. The same man that helped me solve the troubles with my account there (I was unable to post).
So, if Dan is OK, I propose to continue the Whole discussion here

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Okay thx, does it also still auto-allow signed executables in default mode?
If they are on the Trusted Vendors list they have installation/update rights. But this is getting off topic.

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
So everyone wants to know what is going on. It is quite simple.

Truth is absolute and it always comes out in the end.

To the security forums users, I just want to say thank you for all of your support throughout the years!

VS 4.0 will be ready soon... it should be ready sometime this week for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
That is the EfficacyTest. I don't know if it's for my purpose, but I'll try, thank you

Yes he shows a video of it on the home page. I know at one time he was offering it to people that wanted to test VS. He might be too busy to mess with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.