danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thank you Brian, I appreciate that!

@shmu26, thank you, I forgot to mention... there is no need to delete anything. The old database files had .dat extensions, but the new ones have a .db extension. I did this for several different reasons, but one positive side effect is that the .dat files stay in place, in case you want to go back to 3.59 for some odd reason ;).

Also, you can uninstall VS 3.59 first and reboot if you want, but it is probably not necessary.

I also forgot to mention, there might be a couple (2-3) of unexpected windows blocks in the first couple of minutes, but after that, VS should not block anything it is not supposed to. This will be fixed in the next version... but really, it is no biggie.

Also, the VoodooAi score now ranges from 1-100, instead of 0.0000 to 1.0000. I did this for several reasons, but mainly because it makes a lot more sense.

There are tons of other things that I am sure that I am forgetting to tell you guys, but we will figure it out as we go ;).

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Nice work Dan. I haven't yet tried the management console.

To upgrade, I exited VS and installed on top of the existing installation. All went well seemingly, though I now have a fresh whitelist (via snapshot) and empty command line list.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Yup lost my two years free. Don't have VS anymore.
Thank you guys!

I transferred all of the accounts from the old server to the new server, so it should be working. If not, please email me at support at voodooshield.com, and let me know the email address of your account, and I will look into it. Thank you!

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Hey Dan

Congratulations and thanks for the explanation about the rules wizard. Makes a lot of sense.

Downloaded and testing the beta right now.
Pete

Reactions: simmerskool

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
ok, I just want to be a part of this beta.
VS is trying to connect sf.symcb.com(23.51.117.163) what is this website? is there any problem if I don't let it reach the address? thnx

Andi.HR

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Thanks Dan for v4b but it seams a little to soon :(

1.Voodoo do not start afther reboot, you must manually start it up
2.Licence registration are acepted but Voodo is still locked with free lic

Attachments

• Voodo-1.jpg
    Voodo-1.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Voodoo-2.jpg
    Voodoo-2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 438
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Andi.HR

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
Got some false positive detections too...

Attachments

• Voodoo-3.jpg
    Voodoo-3.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Voodoo-4.jpg
    Voodoo-4.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Voodoo-5.jpg
    Voodoo-5.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 429
  • Voodoo-6.jpg
    Voodoo-6.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 401
  • Voodoo-7.jpg
    Voodoo-7.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 409
  • Voodoo-8.jpg
    Voodoo-8.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 406

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I figured we would initially have issues with the registration, and I am just going to have to work through them.

I made a change on the server, and the issue is probably fixed.

If anyone is still having problems with registration, please go to VoodooShield Settings / Register, and click the big Reset Registration button at the bottom. This will reset the registration and close VS. You will need to manually start VS (just this once), and you should be able to complete your registration. If not, please let me know. I have received a lot of emails, and I am going to copy and paste a link to this post in my reply.

Also, if VS is not starting on Windows startup, it is probably because the old service was set to (Automatic) Delayed Start. In this case, you can either manually change the VoodooShieldService Startup Type to Automatic, or you can just uninstall VS 4.0, reboot the computer, and reinstall it.

Besides these two issues, we are in pretty good shape... much better than I expected considering all of the changes that were made. There are a few bugs in the error reporting system, but they are easy fixes. Thank you guys!

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
same man that helped me solve the troubles with my account there (I was unable to post).

I signed up at MWT and WS on the same day and the same thing happened to me - unable to post. Tried twice, even posted on the forum asking for help and received none. I gave up & I've been at MWT which is far friendlier and helpful. Kudos to this forum.

And last but not the least, a big welcome to Dan. I will be purchasing a subscription for my home PCs.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Also, if VS is not starting on Windows startup, it is probably because the old service was set to (Automatic) Delayed Start. In this case, you can either manually change the VoodooShieldService Startup Type to Automatic, or you can just uninstall VS 4.0, reboot the computer, and reinstall it.
Nope. Did clean install. Service set at Automatic. Does not start.

Event viewer reports...
Service cannot be started. System.Exception: StartProcessAsCurrentUser: GetSessionUserToken failed.
at VoodooShieldService.ProcessExtensions.StartProcessAsCurrentUser(String appPath, String cmdLine, String workDir, Boolean visible)
at VoodooShieldService.VoodooShieldService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Issue for me with the registration, first time it went fine and returned my accurate expiration date, after a restart of the PC however
it needed re-registering and then threw this error:
VS_SS.png

Reinstalled, made sure the FW was not blocking, ect ect. Nothing worked and the way you re-worked this it is useless to have
installed if it cant register, so for the first time in years I am without VS.
Will try again in a few months. PeAcE
PS: the correct email address is not displayed in the SS, but the one I entered was correct. I don't display my real Email acct's anymore in Screen Shots, I used to.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.