Not open for further replies.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
ok, I just want to be a part of this beta.
VS is trying to connect sf.symcb.com(23.51.117.163) what is this website? is there any problem if I don't let it reach the address? thnx
Yeah, off the top of my head, I believe that VS is checking the validity of a digital certificate. Either way, I would not let a firewall block any of VS's web requests... they are all legit and necessary, I promise ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Got some false positive detections too...
Yeah, the conhost and the wmic are the two that I mentioned earlier... I am going to have to figure out a fix for those.

The others are a result of the new option that scans child processes of whitelisted items.. I mean, it is helpful to scan these items (because of packed installers and the like), but we should probably not scan items in Program Files (for example). Basically, we want to make sure that anything that needs to be scanned, is scanned... but nothing else. Either way, it is super, super easy to change in the code.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Issue for me with the registration, first time it went fine and returned my accurate expiration date, after a restart of the PC however
it needed re-registering and then threw this error:
View attachment 165998
Reinstalled, made sure the FW was not blocking, ect ect. Nothing worked and the way you re-worked this it is useless to have
installed if it cant register, so for the first time in years I am without VS.
Will try again in a few months. PeAcE
PS: the correct email address is not displayed in the SS, but the one I entered was correct. I don't display my real Email acct's anymore in Screen Shots, I used to.
Sorry about that... did you try to click the Reset Registration button? It should fix the issue, if not, please let me know!

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Nope. Did clean install. Service set at Automatic. Does not start.

Event viewer reports...
Service cannot be started. System.Exception: StartProcessAsCurrentUser: GetSessionUserToken failed.
at VoodooShieldService.ProcessExtensions.StartProcessAsCurrentUser(String appPath, String cmdLine, String workDir, Boolean visible)
at VoodooShieldService.VoodooShieldService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)
Hmmm, that is odd, I will have to look into that, thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Where is the "reset" button ? I can only access this:
VS_SS2.png

scootnod

Level 1
Sep 3, 2017
It looks like if you uninstall the old version before installing the 4.0 beta version it removes the registry key C:\Program Files\VoodooShield\VoodooShield.exe from HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-CurrentVersion-Run.
You can manually add it back by creating a new String Value called VoodooShield with the vaule C:\Program Files\VoodooShield\VoodooShield.exe in this location.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Dan
At your time and convenience:
Just noticed a significant slow start when I fire my VPN. Also when dealing with Windows Settings.
The user log does not report any issue.

Reactions: simmerskool
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Installed VS 4, it does not start up at boot, even though VS service is set to automatic. I had to add VS manually to startup folder.
This was in automatic reply from support at voodooshield com about start issues.
[Also, if VS is not starting on Windows startup, it is probably because the old service was set to (Automatic) Delayed Start. In this case, you can either manually change the VoodooShieldService Startup Type to Automatic, or you can just uninstall VS 4.0, reboot the computer, and reinstall it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This was in automatic reply from support at voodooshield com about start issues.

[Also, if VS is not starting on Windows startup, it is probably because the old service was set to (Automatic) Delayed Start. In this case, you can either manually change the VoodooShieldService Startup Type to Automatic, or you can just uninstall VS 4.0, reboot the computer, and reinstall it.
@danb , neither of these fixes worked for me.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I got my issue solved by installing 3.59 (b) and updated from there with the 4.0 installer. I lost my settings, but the registration took and
survived confirmation. Now it just has to survive a reboot. I will do that later and report back.
I post this as a sort of workaround in case anyone else gets that bugged 4.0 registration issue. PeAcE

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It looks like if you uninstall the old version before installing the 4.0 beta version it removes the registry key C:\Program Files\VoodooShield\VoodooShield.exe from HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-CurrentVersion-Run.
You can manually add it back by creating a new String Value called VoodooShield with the vaule C:\Program Files\VoodooShield\VoodooShield.exe in this location.
Bingo!
That registry hack fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.