VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knew why Voodooshield 405b wasn't loading in startup. It's working smoothly I just wondered why it wasn't loading, or is it not a big deal?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
HP officejet, if you were foolish enough to buy one. The drivers are confusing to VS.

Another one is Chrome update. It will throw a prompt, and recommend for it to be allowed. But the prompt is a bit unnecessary.
Some steam drivers too, as well as software drivers of lesser known software will be blocked too. there are more than folks might think.

Reactions: shmu26

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yup lost my two years free. Don't have VS anymore.
It's a good thing VS is cheap, and there is a free version, so no you have not "lost" VS just buy it and support Dan ?
I had an issue with the fellas over at the other site acting like Dan owed them free VS.
It's BS I saw people that disrespected and abused Dan crying like girls because their keys didn't work anymore. (My post is page 704 VS thread) over there.

I hope you don't fix it Dan, there comes a time folks need to realize that if they are lucky enough to have a key, it's not because
your "entitled" its because you purchased a key or earned it and Dan gave you one, no other option applies period.
PS I quoted boredog but I am not inferring that @boredog is part of that, let me make that clear now ;)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Quick question, does anyone know how to fix this?
every time i open Firefox, it keeps wanting to block reg.exe
It looks to me like your AV program (or another program) might be trying to communicate with its browser add-on. Try first putting VS in training mode, and then opening Firefox. That should whitelist it.

Reactions: ColonelMal

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Every time I launch 7zip (64-bit) I have to ALLOW (also create rule) it. It's in the whitelist but disregarded. Also, it's notification pop-up is unresponsive for several seconds.

Originally it was whitelisted by Snapshot. I deleted that and manually ALLOWed and it went to the whitelist to no good effect. Next time I BLOCKed it and went into the User Log and Add to Whitelist. That didn't help either.
Try putting VS in learning mode, and then opening 7zip.
If that doesn't work, do this: disable VS, launch 7zip, enable VS, take snapshot.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
Maybe good news!
The problem that I mentioned in this posting appears to be resolved. :)
There is no programs freezing when using Powerpro with VS v. 4.05b and this applies even after a reboot. It's worth mentioning that there was also no such problem with v. 3.59b.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the problem is over.

Last edited:

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
It's a good thing VS is cheap, and there is a free version, so no you have not "lost" VS just buy it and support Dan ?
I had an issue with the fellas over at the other site acting like Dan owed them free VS.
It's BS I saw people that disrespected and abused Dan crying like girls because their keys didn't work anymore. (My post is page 704 VS thread) over there.

I hope you don't fix it Dan, there comes a time folks need to realize that if they are lucky enough to have a key, it's not because
your "entitled" its because you purchased a key or earned it and Dan gave you one, no other option applies period.
PS I quoted boredog but I am not inferring that @boredog is part of that, let me make that clear now ;)

+1
I was only stating I did not have the full version but failed to mention after Dan responded it was the server error. My Pro Lic is now still good till 7-1-2018 and after that I will pay for sure, unless Dan is generous again to those of us that have stuck with him. (y)

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
+1
I was only stating I did not have the full version but failed to mention after Dan responded it was the server error. My Pro Lic is now still good till 7-1-2018 and after that I will pay for sure, unless Dan is generous again to those of us that have stuck with him. (y)
Very cool... yeah, anyone who has stuck with me throughout the years will always have a free license, as long as I have the say, just email me and I will set you up. If at some point I do not have the say, that will mean that I will have sold part of the company, in which case I will personally buy you a license, for up to 10 years that is ;).

For the users who are new to VS... we can talk with the MT staff and hopefully host some massive giveaways so that everyone gets a license.

BTW, the last few days I have been in a mad rush building and configuring our new server, since our old server was simply not keeping up. I am just now finishing up the server, and we will be installing it in the data center hopefully tomorrow. Its pretty cool... the data center we are using is owned by one of the original developers of VS, Karl. I am not sure if you guys remember him or not. But anyway, they have a Google Fiber connection, and we will have a dedicated server, so that should last us a while.

After the new server is installed, I need to make a few small tweaks to the server and to VS, then I will release the next beta... hopefully by this weekend. The error reporting logs are still looking really good, but there are a few small things we need to work out. I also added a SSL certificate to the new server, so we will need to make sure that is all working as well.

Once I am finished with all of this, I will try to catch up on the posts, pms and emails that I missed.

As much as I truly love working on VS... it is totally impossible for me to keep up with everything, but if everything goes right, it looks like "help is on the way". I will keep you guys posted as I know more, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

It is kinda funny to see some people's reaction to the beta... it is almost like they lost a family member or something ;). Don't get me wrong, it is great to see that people are as passionate about VS as I am, but if VS is going to progress, there will be difficult times... and working through the difficult times are always the most memorable moments in retrospect.

I wish that people would understand that I have not steered VS wrong yet, and I am not about to start doing that now.

No one should worry about anything, VS is going to stay about the same, it is just going to get a little better as we go. Just keep in mind, if your software is going to stay relevant, it needs to be updated. VS 4.0 had major changes under the hood, with minimal, and I mean minimal bugs. In a couple of weeks, we will have a fully stable VS 4.0, and we will probably never need to have another major revision again.

Also keep in mind... some of VS's best features were features that most people initially did not like, but now they really like a lot.

Just imagine if VS 1.0 or 2.0 would have been VS's final version... VS would be long gone by now. Thank you guys!

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Maybe good news!
The problem that I mentioned in this posting appears to be resolved. :)
There is no programs freezing when using Powerpro with VS v. 4.05b and this applies even after a reboot. It's worth mentioning that there was also no such problem with v. 3.59b.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the problem is over.
That is great to hear... thank you for letting me know. If it comes up again, please let me know. I will have a lot more time after Friday to look at specific issues.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I was wondering if anyone knew why Voodooshield 405b wasn't loading in startup. It's working smoothly I just wondered why it wasn't loading, or is it not a big deal?
That is really odd... this bug should be squashed by now. Have you tried to uninstall VS, reboot, and reinstall? And when it asks if you want to delete the settings and logs, click yes?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
It would be helpful to share rules that don't work so others can comment on the rule logic, etc. before saying VS is at fault. I'm sure this would help Dan as well. He can't do much with a comment like "I made a rule but it didn't work".
Great idea, thank you! Yeah, some rules will be overridden by the hard coded VS rules. I think I read somewhere that someone was trying to create a rule that would allow child processes of their web browser (or something like that). Well, VS will not allow that because of the hard coded rules... basically it is an unsafe rule. I am not suggesting that VS will override all "unsafe" rules, but it should for the most part, and I will do my best to make sure that it does.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done on the rules feature since it is so new, but it should go really quick once VS 4.0 is released to the public. I think once you guys see the final rules feature implementation, it will quickly become one of your favorite features.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016

spoken like a true gentleman brother! Dan was kind amd gracious enough to give WS security members who wanted to test vs beta a test key fro 2 years , and I was one of them too who got a beta key. so you won't hear me complain when things suddenly change for the good , or the bad , either way I never look a gift horse in the mouth and I never expect anything for the things I do. I really feel sorry for dan and what some persons did too him , while he is such a kind and willing persons that whil give his heart and soul for his company......so beacoup kuddos for him!!!

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
After the new server is installed, I need to make a few small tweaks to the server and to VS, then I will release the next beta... hopefully by this weekend. The error reporting logs are still looking really good, but there are a few small things we need to work out. I also added a SSL certificate to the new server, so we will need to make sure that is all working as well.
Dan will the new beta have a fix for the regional issues?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Dan will the new beta have a fix for the regional issues?
Yeah, that and maybe take a look at the VS initial start-up, the process that checks for an existing whitelist, if there is one in existence then VS will in no way take a new snapshot, it can ask, but that "auto snap shot" it does at times needs to stop Dan. Just remove
that, kill it, stab it. lol
(I'm disturbing myself )

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
FWIW, program updaters (ex. SUMo) use the "File version" to detect available updates. FWIW the VS beta executable appears as 3.10.108.0 2017-09-27_12h45_37.png

P

plat1098

OK, after a little break, reinstalled 4.05 beta over 3.59 and again, the registration box. My one little rule evaporated, this was expected, right? Re: snapshot: Is it because it's a little intrusive? Don't care if it stays or goes, it's become so routine lately, lol.

Well looks like the mods from Wilders banned me again and I won't be going back.

Was it in response to something I said over there? Now I'm all paranoid, boredog, sheesh. :confused:

Aug 26, 2017
It looks to me like your AV program (or another program) might be trying to communicate with its browser add-on. Try first putting VS in training mode, and then opening Firefox. That should whitelist it.

Thanks for the advise. i have done the training mode and manually whitelist it and still no luck. I use Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes Anti Malware Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.