Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thank you Solarquest and everyone who has reported this bug... it should be fixed in the version below. If not, I have a really good idea of what else might be causing this issue. Basically, there is a global variable in VS named FirstRun, and it is not being saved to settings, but this should fix it.

Also, I temporarily disabled the 8 or so settings that were being saved when VS shuts down... I am hoping that this will fix the Windows shutdown issue that some users are experiencing.

https://www.voodooshield.co/Download/InstallVoodooShield411beta.exe

Anyway, please try 4.11b and let me know if either or both issues are fixed. Thank you guys!
Dan , really liking the new version. No more delays with the shield color and no more connection problems. (y)
Had the desktop shield gadget reappear when I have hidden it on the first reboot, but not anymore.
Hope it stays hidden.
One error still in the DeveloperLog.log:
[11-17-2017 21:51:21] [ERROR] - Exception in Utilities_VerifyDigitalSignature: Lengte kan niet minder dan nul zijn.
Parameternaam: length. bij System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
bij VoodooShield.Utilities.GetDigitalSignature(String processPath)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Installed 4.11b set to autopilot mode and hide the shield gadget then reboot pc and voodooshield is in smart mode and the shield gadget is back on desktop. I try again and after reboot same results.
Had the same problem with the gadget.
Maybe opening "VoodooShield Settings" and press "Save" when you have it setup VS the way you want it helps.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Logging into my console and deleting my seats did work. I see Each time I installed VS on my main machine or my VM a new seat was created with a new machine ID number.

Thanks guys.
Thanks @boredog for bringing this up. I deleted my non active duplicate seats too.
@danb So there are now 2 places with your account.
One at .com (old not active anymore?) where I deleted all my computers.
The second at .co where I deleted all my computers, but kept the active one.
What are your plans with this?

Last edited:

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Had the same problem with the gadget.
Maybe opening "VoodooShield Settings" and press "Save" when you have it setup VS the way you want it helps.
Did it work for you when you press "Save" button and reboot:unsure: I can't use "Save" button I'm on free version.
I think it has something to do with Dan temporarily disable some settings that should be saved when VS shuts down.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Did it work for you when you press "Save" button and reboot:unsure: I can't use "Save" button I'm on free version.
I think it has something to do with Dan temporarily disable some settings that should be saved when VS shuts down.
I did work, but just now when I started my laptop VS was in Disable / Install Mode for some reason :confused:
You could ask @danb to set you up with a licence, but it should work in any version free or otherwise.
I hope Dan will figure it out and hopefully you gave him an idea where to look (y)

Reactions: vtqhtr413

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
I did work, but just now when I started my laptop VS was in Disable / Install Mode for some reason :confused:
You could ask @danb to set you up with a licence, but it should work in any version free or otherwise.
I hope Dan will figure it out and hopefully you gave him an idea where to look (y)

during the night my computer updated to build 17040 and VS came up in disabled mode with and X through it on mine also. Plus the update killed Edge, cleared all my favorites and killed Ublock extension. Gandalf, did your computer update too? When the popup came up asking if I wanted to enable VS, I clicked yes and it seems to be running ok now.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
during the night my computer updated to build 17040 and VS came up in disabled mode with and X through it on mine also. Plus the update killed Edge, cleared all my favorites and killed Ublock extension. Gandalf, did your computer update too? When the popup came up asking if I wanted to enable VS, I clicked yes and it seems to be running ok now.
No, the latest update installed on 14-11-2017 and I'm on build 16299.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Ok thanks @scootnod and @boredog I will first reset the whitelist and see if that solves the problem.
If not I will try your solutions.
EDIT: Resetting the whitelist didn't solve anything.
Reinstalling solved it for now.

Last edited:

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Did the license we got at Wilders expire, I cant register V 4.12?
No worries if so, just wonder if it is a bug or not?

/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.