shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Calendar of Updates is very hard to register. The site doesn't work right.
I asked a fellow forum member who was already in, to make the registration for me and send me the details. Try that.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Calendar of Updates is very hard to register. The site doesn't work right.
I asked a fellow forum member who was already in, to make the registration for me and send me the details. Try that.
The admin of the site is very friendly and suportive toward Dan, besides generally being a nice guy, so COU functions sort of like a private support forum for Voodoo.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

It looks like the 'someone' doesn't like what VoodooShield stands for.. I've seen this kind of search suppression a lot on effective (and troublesome for them) this or that lately.. Strange.

I think I finally found VoodooShield's actual website buried at the 4th page or so. I find this encouraging, when 'they' are mad enough to start playing games. It's empowering to me in some strange way. Not sure how Dan feels though.

VS.png

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hi What exactly is the security posture and is it a good idea to go silent?Thks

In the upper righthand corner of settings is this: "About Security Postures". There is a description of each posture: "Aggressive", "Moderate" & "Relaxed". They are range from strict "Deny by Default" to "Allow By Default". I don't know what you mean about "going silent". Choices are only available in Pro version.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
oldschool, as I recall, if you right click the system tray icon there is an option to put VS in silent mode, this was in the last stable, haven't tried the latest version.

Nope. Only Autopilot, Smart, Training and Always On. I'm sure Training is silent, other than that I have no idea. I assume VS Free uses the "Moderate" Posture. I use "Always On" & the Free version works fine for me. (y)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

@BryanB - Right. I like 'Always On''.

@ticklemefeet - you either have, or are showing, the Pro version. Security Posture settings are not available in the Free version. Yes, I'd assume it means no alerts - in which case choose your posture wisely.

oldschool
Yes Pro is what I have always used. Here is a definition of the different modes. I am still not sure how this interacts with the other whitelisting modes. It to me makes it more confusing.

ScreenHunter_116 Jun. 08 15.52.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.