Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
popups like these sometimes makes me wonder if I should switch
N1VGc5.png

AI safe, Signed, no VT hit.
Recommended: block
It says "this file is unknown to the blacklist scan", I think it means that the file is totally new and was never scanned before on VT. It is too fresh to even have a VT score. That is the suspicious factor here, IMO.
Now it is much too late to test, but if it happens again, try this: upload the file to VT, wait until it gets scanned by all the engines, and then let voodooshield try again.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
From Dan at VoodooShield:

Hey guys, sorry I have been away, I am almost caught up .

Most of the bugs are now fixed, but there might be a couple small ones that you guys will not even notice that will be logged with this version. So after I fix those, VS 4.0 will be completely stable (it already pretty much is). Then the only thing to do is to implement the new VoodooAi models that Christopher is working on... he should be finshed in a week or two. My part is super simple... I just have to copy and paste 6 or so lines of code.

Here is 4.23.

1. Reduced the number of unnecessary blocks even further
2. Hopefully fixed the issue where VS would crash when using with VPN or configuring router
3. Several minor bug fixes

I also made a very simple, but major change in VS’s main code… so if for some reason it does not start, please go back to 4.22 and let me know. I HIGHLY doubt this will happen, but you just never know

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield423.exe

SHA256: 8a39459d3173728bf3ae770e208d16acc4f54d60aa6028ee9264de535bca697e

Thank you guys for all of your help, I hope to be able to talk to you soon!

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Somebody posted on the VS forum about what they though may or may not be a small bug.

"Just installed 4.23 and noticed something. Not sure how far this goes back of even if it is an issue.
If you open VS and are looking at web apps, then open Edge, it is not highlighted until you X out of VS and go back in and look at web apps.
Same with closing the browser, it still shows highlighted until you X out of VS and go back in. "

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
From Dan, VoodooShield Dev

Hey everyone... here is 4.24.

1. Network path bug fixed
2. Boredog pointed out that the active web apps do not refresh properly... they do now (in realtime). Thank you boredog!
3. A couple of other small bugs

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield424.exe

SHA-256: f71e511ba82b9ed29dc84bc05e145b91545b50997430ff2ffaeb3a6d009ab399

Thank you guys, if I do not talk to you before the weekend, have a great weekend!

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

4.24 is running perfect.

Question... What happens if VS gets a large file, too large to upload to check? I installed Battlefront II and got this warning so I just hit 'Install', what happens if I wasn't there to hit install, would it have progressed?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Everyone is waiting for you to post the warning, no pressure, if it takes till hell freezes over we'll wait.(y)

Eh? As I said, it popped up saying the file was too large to upload. So I clicked it, hit install and it installed. My question was, when this happens and I am not watching, does the installation progress? This happened during updates with the Origin Client. Simple question really.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Eh? As I said, it popped up saying the file was too large to upload. So I clicked it, hit install and it installed. My question was, when this happens and I am not watching, does the installation progress? This happened during updates with the Origin Client. Simple question really.

Anytime you are installing software, you can either exit VS or set it to disable / install mode

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
VT has a size limit and probably the AI too, so it won't do anything to large files.
if Install was pre-selected/advised then yes the Installation continues, VS always acts on the "recommended" action once timer is over

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Well... 4.24 is a rockstar..

He's done some amazing things with it IMO. I've not seen a false positive since it came out, but it seems to do as good or better in my tests with malware. VERY happy with how this has come out with the 4X series.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Is auto-pilot polished enough in your opinion to sufficiently secure windows?

After whitelisting and advanced(pro) whitelisting I haven't seen a popup since 4.24 has come out. The AI seems to be doing much better with things.

For example my son downloaded an archived Swords and Sandals. On previous versions it would popup and block it and he would have to allow it every single time. This time VoodooShield flashed, it triggered an AI check and was rated 97% safe and self-approved it. I installed it Friday and have watched it over the last 3 days and haven't had an issue on our remaining Windows machines. So far so good. This is the best version I've ever seen.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
I have a stranger bug about of VS, voodooshield can't open of noway without crash logs thrown. i tried to do a complete reinstalation, but without satisfactory results. the new Voodooshield installer had freezed when completing upgrade or re-installation "VoodooShield - v4.24 (setup).exe" then me repeat same process (uninstall & install), it also freezes when uninstalling the complete software, apparently the executable and service remains stuck in the background inside task manager, happened to me on two scenarios, with win 10 pro and now with win 10 enterprise ltsb. when i installed VS over windows 7ultimate i get the opposite, 0 problems.
is there any solution for that?

Reactions: JB007

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I have a stranger bug about of VS, voodooshield can't open of noway without crash logs thrown. i tried to do a complete reinstalation, but without satisfactory results. the new Voodooshield installer had freezed when completing upgrade or re-installation "VoodooShield - v4.24 (setup).exe" then me repeat same process (uninstall & install), it also freezes when uninstalling the complete software, apparently the executable and service remains stuck in the background inside task manager, happened to me on two scenarios, with win 10 pro and now with win 10 enterprise ltsb. when i installed VS over windows 7ultimate i get the opposite, 0 problems.
is there any solution for that?
tried deleting the folder in Appdata or ProgramData(dont remember where it is) after uninstallation?
also it's not related to windows, i'm using Pro on my Host PC and the VM has LTSB, both running it just fine.

Reactions: JB007

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
From Dan, VoodooShield Dev
Here is 4.25… it is pretty much an experimental version. If it works well for everyone, we will move forward with it, and if not, I will revert back to 4.24. I hope it works well because there are a lot of really cool usability tweaks in this version.

There should not be any major issues… but there is a chance that it will have a couple more unnecessary blocks… although the goal was to reduce them even further . But if you are running a production machine, or just do not feel like
imgBetaiscool.png
testing, you might want to wait a day or two and see how it does for everyone. If it works well, it is going to be cool.

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield425.exe

SHA-256: 8bdeff6271b20601d16b9c506f15269657e46ef72dfdda2f96d6cca51db3892f

Sorry I have not been able to respond much… things are crazy, but I hope to catch up soon, thank you guys!
Source: VoodooShield v4 STABLE Thread

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.