Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
New beta version VS 5.54K beta:
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554KBeta.exe
SHA-256: b8c87fae09ebc75ea96c65fa6537643b6e2dad43f41df206ed127edc7a976051
Hey guys, good news… we have found a way to reproduce the red icon bug. I am unable to reproduce it on my system so far, but a couple of you guys have been able to. Basically, to reproduce the bug, you can run PrivaZer, and some setting in PrivaZer will call c:\windows\sysnative\cleanmgr.exe, and at that point VS was unable to calculate the process hash, so it threw an exception.

So long story short… if anyone is running PrivaZer, please test and try to make it call c:\windows\sysnative\cleanmgr.exe (Windows Disk Cleanup) and see if the following version works as expected. If you are not running PrivaZer you can install the latest version below if you want… it has a few more enhancements.

As usual, you can try to install over the top, but if you were having ANY issues before, I would do a clean install.

Anyway, once we figure this issue out, I think we will be good to go!

VS 5.54K beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield554KBeta.exe
SHA-256: b8c87fae09ebc75ea96c65fa6537643b6e2dad43f41df206ed127edc7a976051

Thank you guys!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Stable version 5.55 released:
Hey guys, here is the public release of VoodooShield 5.55, thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it! The snapshot scan is not as quite as fast in the previous and this version, we will keep working to refine VS and WLC over the next few months (and years ;)).

VS 5.55
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe
SHA-256: 3f074f1c0566b4be7c87ab36abc17d94cecb9d548576c5d03751eccff2351b37

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Installed latest version today, after 5 minutes WLC started scanning and would not stop, nothing I tried would get it to stop, so tried uninstalling, wouldn't work either as VS would not shut down, tried exiting VS, tried shutting down using task manger, nothing. Eventually had to use Geek Unistaller to force an uninstall. I am getting an uneasy feeling that Dan is trying to do too much now, originally it was a "Computer Lock" which is perfect, but in my humble opinion it should be a lock with 2 options, on and off.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Installed latest version today, after 5 minutes WLC started scanning and would not stop, nothing I tried would get it to stop, so tried uninstalling, wouldn't work either as VS would not shut down, tried exiting VS, tried shutting down using task manger, nothing. Eventually had to use Geek Unistaller to force an uninstall. I am getting an uneasy feeling that Dan is trying to do too much now, originally it was a "Computer Lock" which is perfect, but in my humble opinion it should be a lock with 2 options, on and off.

Try a clean install and turn WLC off, and then you will have what you desire. It's running fine here.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
It was a clean install and I did turn WLC on and off, it still kept scanning even after being turned off and then back on and even when turned off VS would not shut down so that I could uninstall, maybe if I waited a few minutes, I don't know, I waited a couple of minutes or so.

I"m sort of thinking its a one time glitch, I'll give it a week or so and try again, would really like VS to work as I have a lifetime license from Dan.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It was a clean install and I did turn WLC on and off, it still kept scanning even after being turned off and then back on and even when turned off VS would not shut down so that I could uninstall, maybe if I waited a few minutes, I don't know, I waited a couple of minutes or so.

I"m sort of thinking its a one time glitch, I'll give it a week or so and try again, would really like VS to work as I have a lifetime license from Dan.
Can you see in the WhitelistCloud tab is it's hanging on a file not being recognized as safe?
I saw on voodooforums.com there was a problem with a file from Macrium Reflect being too big to be scanned and had to be manually whitelisted.
Darn it, that Macrium Reflect file was over 100mb… otherwise I bet it would have been classified as safe and WLC would not have created the firewall rule ;). WLC will soon have a 500mb limit, but we have to move the server before that is fixed… and the uploads should be a little quicker when we do. Thank you for letting me know!
Another option that sometimes helps is resetting the Whitelist.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Here's the latest from Dan:

Hey Guys,

I am almost caught up with the craziness of the last few days. Here is a version that should fix the remainder of the odd duplicate and missing items in the WLC settings tab.
This is the first version built with Visual Studio 2019 and Windows 10, and from what I can tell so far it is running great, but there is a small chance that we might experience on odd issue or two, but we will fix it either way.
Now that we have a better idea on the connectivity issues with the WLC servers, I removed the feature that displayed the response time for now. If we want to add it again in the future we certainly can.
While you guys are taking 5.58 for a test drive, I will be fixing the remaining issues in WLC, and we should be back to normal by the end of the week.
VS 5.58 beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield558beta.exe
SHA-256: 38c96247d45a094cf071be91a747ec38e20683707cbd84ccbb962e28a457dd48
Thank you guys, I will be back asap!

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Here's v.5.59 beta from Dan. Enjoy! (y)

Hey Guys,

There might be some minor things we need to tweak and refine over the next month or so (WLC dups, red tray icon timing, etc.), but I believe this version is now stable. The main issue that some users experienced turned out to be a simple timeout between the gui and the service, and in hindsight it makes perfect sense because VS 5.5 will take a few more seconds during the initial run, but will quicker on subsequent runs. And it explains why only a small handful of people experienced this issue.

The only remaining bug that I am not sure is fixed is the one where non English users have issues with VoodooShield Settings and registering, but I think this is fixed now. If not, please send me your DeveloperLog.log.

If you were having any issues, then I would do a clean install, otherwise you can install over the top.

VS 5.59
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield559.exe
SHA-256: d20627b2447fd9c0b47e15a7ea678aad57460a7ca3559fc0e1a86dee16ec03a2

Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it, have a great weekend!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
And there will be a new build of version 5.50 coming shortly:
Hey guys, please hold off for an hour or two and I will upload what should be the final release for 5.50… the 2 bugs listed above are now fixed, along with the WLC dups and missing entries, and I am working on the last known bug (the missing hash bug). Thank you guys!

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

windows wont allow me to download the setup file.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_145 Jan. 12 08.33.jpg
    ScreenHunter_145 Jan. 12 08.33.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 365
  • HaHa
Reactions: dinosaur07

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.