Advice Request Voodooshield - Light Settings for Optimal Protection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have been using the problem off and on whenever I had to reformat. Now it possesses Advanced Whitelisting.
I was wondering is there a Light Setting that would give optimal protection without running the risk of allowing or blocking a valid program? In other words, a light setting to operate out of the box or a tweak that can be made in the settings. It is a very competent program but it also has many settings which could be overwhelming for the average user. Advice appreciated. I am contemplating returning back to it instead of OSA, so I would just have WD(ConfigHIGH) + Simple Windows Hardener and maybe VS.

I do possess a license for the Pro features but for out-of-the-box I was also wondering if the Free Version corresponds more to this idea.

Last edited:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
AutoPilot is cool, but if you want almost completely silent and almost completely bulletproof, leaving VS in Smart Mode and changing this setting in WLC makes a HUGE difference...

VS.PNG

A few people have discovered what WLC is all about, but I am shocked that more people have not caught on to it yet. Once I finish VS 6.0, I am going to work on the stand alone version of WLC.

You can also lower the security posture, but you really should not need to.

VS2.png

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
AutoPilot is cool, but if you want almost completely silent and almost completely bulletproof, leaving VS in Smart Mode and changing this setting in WLC makes a HUGE difference...

View attachment 245269

A few people have discovered what WLC is all about, but I am shocked that more people have not caught on to it yet. Once I finish VS 6.0, I am going to work on the stand alone version of WLC.

View attachment 245268
What does the different security postures change ?

Anyway I'm looking forward for the stand alone WLC (probably all I need from that voodoo magic ).

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
What does the different security postures change ?

Anyway I'm looking forward for the stand alone WLC (probably all I need from that voodoo magic ).
Cool, there is already a stand alone version that people are using, but I was just wanting to build it out a little more by adding a quarantine function and maybe the same anti-exploit feature that VS has had for 4 or so years now, which is similar to ASR.

The main change is going to be integrating it into our Web Management Console... the concept being that Users and Admins will continuously be aware that only safe files are executing on the endpoints at any given moment. I really like how simple the stand alone version of WLC is, and either way I am going to keep it simple.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Cool, there is already a stand alone version that people are using, but I was just wanting to build it out a little more by adding a quarantine function and maybe the same anti-exploit feature that VS has had for 4 or so years now, which is similar to ASR.

The main change is going to be integrating it into our Web Management Console... the concept being that Users and Admins will continuously be aware that only safe files are executing on the endpoints at any given moment. I really like how simple the stand alone version of WLC is, and either way I am going to keep it simple.
Thanks so much I will test it probably after the planned update above till then I would try Voodoo shield but not sure if silent posture would be sufficient for a low false positives Config with let's say Kaspersky anti ransomware or ESET

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017

View attachment 245269

View attachment 245268
Dan I installed and switched to your recommended settings but I moved it to Moderate for less interruptions. The funny thing is that on v5.78, my settings screen when I right click the icon in the system tray does not match the screenshot above. Is this from the Beta?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.