ZeroDay

Thread author
cbcZu.png

https://www.facebook.com/security?sk=app_360406100715618

P

Plexx

Thread author
RE: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013

Thanks. Downloaded. However, once I downloaded Webroot, i havent been able to click on anything else.

It does say you wont be able to download anything else but it's not like there was anything else interesting for PC there for me:)

PS: edit subject as its too big to reply.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
Yes that confused me a little too lol.
Edited subject thanks :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Grabbed this one too. Thanks :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
with WSA at beginning we are excited to use it, then disappointed by its detection rate, then after understanding how it works , we are satisfied ^^

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
with WSA at beginning we are excited to use it, the disappointed by its detection rate, then after understanding how it works , we are satisfied ^^

Well how exactly does it work? Is it like CIS's approach? :)

P

Plexx

Thread author
nishadrox said:
Umbra Corp. said:
with WSA at beginning we are excited to use it, the disappointed by its detection rate, then after understanding how it works , we are satisfied ^^

Well how exactly does it work? Is it like CIS's approach? :)

Totally different approach.

They do have some zeroday protection etc, but their main feature is the rollback.

In a nutshell, a suspicious behavior will be monitored and if indeed is an infection and Webroot does have signatures, it will detect and rollback to its original state.

I have recreated this procedure via a test with an unknown infection but set to block afterward.

if you are unsure of something, you can still manually block and then re-scan and it will be detected and roll back any changes made.

2 videos at least on youtube about this feature. Mine and the official Webroot explanation.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you click Like before the Download went grey?

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
when i click this link from here this is what i get

https://www.facebook.com/security?sk=app_360406100715618

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's correct, you get taken to the Facebook Security > The AV Marketplace.

Once you have downloaded the software of your choice, you can only Learn More from the one you chose, the rest are greyed out.

[attachment=2508]

Attachments

• fbavmp.PNG
    fbavmp.PNG
    102.7 KB · Views: 384

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
nvm i dont go on facebook that much i'll just try others i dont get too many freebies on here anyways

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Earth said:
Did you click Like before the Download went grey?

Sure did, maybe they should add an "Unlike" button for moments like this....

/W

Edit: Found a solution: Find WSA under your "likes", then choose to not like any more and then the everything worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.