TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The two sides of the coin on this video
Indeed, 2 extremes. I have noticed, that no matter, what subject or anything else, people either go full in or fall back completely, they fail to find the proper balance. If they fail to find it, they just blame everyone else or the technology, instead of themselves. The phone can be easily turned off, but it can not do it by itself. it all comes down to priorities, a kid just died here of a heat stroke, because the mother was busy with a phone. :emoji_neutral_face:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Indeed, 2 extremes. I have noticed, that no matter, what subject or anything else, people either go full in or fall back completely, they fail to find the proper balance. If they fail to find it, they just blame everyone else or the technology, instead of themselves. The phone can be easily turned off, but it can not do it by itself. it all comes down to priorities, a kid just died here of a heat stroke, because the mother was busy with a phone. :emoji_neutral_face:

Oh man, that is so sad :emoji_sob: We see it everyday, people all around looking downwards and quite obviously so engrossed in their devices that they don't have any awareness of what is going on around them. I normally find text messages many days after they have been sent because i just leave the phone at home and never think to check it. My little phone is ready for the big graveyard in the sky and i don't think i'll even bother replacing it :)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Great video, very sensible and well said.

I agree and i believe that a lot of parents are partly responsible, they have their heads stuck in devices checking what's going on and in turn kids see this and think it's the norm hence no one speaking to each other or doing things together anymore, i do believe there is also peer pressure to get their kids phones/devices to keep up with the Jones' and i think it is way too young (that may just be because i am an older person) and we played outdoors with other friends even though we had nothing, kids don't really do that anymore, they are playing games indoors because the parents think they are safer but that's not true. How do kids become street wise or learn to play and share with other people if they don't get to experience it.

Even as an example - I had an appointment at the bank last week for a review and to see if my money (yes i have millions :emoji_money_mouth: of the stuff lying around... NOT) anyway, she kept going on me doing Internet Banking which i only use as a last resort and asked me about 5 times why i don't use their banking app. My reply was "No, i want some interaction with a real person, i like coming into the branch and actually speaking to someone" "Oh yeah but everyone uses the app these days she states, it's safe, it's convenient and it saves time" well not bloody me matey, i will keep doing what i'm doing even though i don't get as good an interest rate because i don't want an online product, that is almost blackmailing people to live through a device and really, until my little laptop can spit money out of the side of it then i will continue to use the branch.

BTW- Denzel got it spot on .... pity i can't say the same for some his films :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (The Book of Eli springs to mind, one of the worst films i have ever seen)

Sorry for the rant and going off on a tangent on this thread, my apologies for that people. :censored:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Source: Watch the Final Match of the Robot World Cup

Jon Christian
Jun 25 2018, 11:22am

As soccer teams from around the globe competed for the World Cup in Russia last week, another contest was raging in Montreal: the RoboCup, an annual contest to build and program teams of soccer-playing robots.

The event, which has been running since 1997, poses substantial challenges for roboticists. The contest includes contests for a number of different robot sizes, but each need to be capable of handling a ball, communicating with the teammates, and outmaneuvering opponents—all without any human intervention.

A video of the final match in the RoboCup’s Middle Size League, which pits two five-robot teams against each other in an indoor soccer match with a FIFA-approved soccer ball, shows the extraordinary strides they’ve made.

In it, a team constructed by the robotics team at the Netherlands’ Eindhoven University of Technology win the match 1-0 by passing, fighting for position and blocking goal shots—much like their human counterparts at the World Cup.

The RoboCup’s long term goal is to build bots that can beat human athletes by the year 2050, like when IBM’s Deep Blue chess computer beat reining grandmaster Gary Kasparov in 1997.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Source: Watch the Final Match of the Robot World Cup

Jon Christian
Jun 25 2018, 11:22am

As soccer teams from around the globe competed for the World Cup in Russia last week, another contest was raging in Montreal: the RoboCup, an annual contest to build and program teams of soccer-playing robots.

The event, which has been running since 1997, poses substantial challenges for roboticists. The contest includes contests for a number of different robot sizes, but each need to be capable of handling a ball, communicating with the teammates, and outmaneuvering opponents—all without any human intervention.

A video of the final match in the RoboCup’s Middle Size League, which pits two five-robot teams against each other in an indoor soccer match with a FIFA-approved soccer ball, shows the extraordinary strides they’ve made.

In it, a team constructed by the robotics team at the Netherlands’ Eindhoven University of Technology win the match 1-0 by passing, fighting for position and blocking goal shots—much like their human counterparts at the World Cup.

The RoboCup’s long term goal is to build bots that can beat human athletes by the year 2050, like when IBM’s Deep Blue chess computer beat reining grandmaster Gary Kasparov in 1997.

I misread RoboCup as RoboCop.:p

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Poetry by member Emanuel Tomasin Borda

Emanuel Tomasin Borda

One I especially liked

Smiles.

learned to laugh
With the little things in life

I learned to dream
At the age of 12
And I'm still dreaming

I learned that abstinence
Alcohol and drugs
They're passengers

In the end, it's just that the truth
A naked soul
Who has no heart

In the end there are only words left
Works Thoughts
And memories
To scare away this madness of writing to you
Not knowing where you are

With the bones on the floor
And with the force of a hurricane
I think everything would have been different
If in your mouth
You would have put
A little sedation and peace of mind

I'm cold enough not to feel you
I'm hungry not to see you.

And a few more things I keep to myself.

The years went by
You broke me to pieces.
And I'm here like a fool longing for you
But it's just that illusion is all I have left.
In this mouth of wolves
No exit

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.