Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Linux mint 19.2 MATE

I've tried Ubutntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu
as well as Ubuntu Budgie and ElementaryOS

So far Linux mint is the one that works the best and is the most stable on my system.

I do prefer the Gnome unity interface but on all my laptops (cheap walmart laptops) 4gb of ram for some reason any distro with gnome as the DE runs really really slowly.

Step 1

Level 3
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Good distribution, is one of the distributions that I have pending, but I have never tried it by the installer is quite complicated.:devil:

That's why I used Antergos, which defined themselves as "Arch for human beings".

Lately I'm "playing" with Archman GNU/Linux and I really like it, is robust and light, in my computer runs smoothly, if you have a Virtual Machine, you will like to try this distro ;)

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
That's why I used Antergos, which defined themselves as "Arch for human beings".

Lately I'm "playing" with Archman GNU/Linux and I really like it, is robust and light, in my computer runs smoothly, if you have a Virtual Machine, you will like to try this distro ;)
Let's see if I have time and I try it, if I have VirtualBox but my PC is scarce in resources and I despair.:mad:

Step 1

Level 3
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Let's see if I have time and I try it if I have VirtualBox but my PC is scarce in resources and I despair.:mad:

I know what you mean. My laptop is from the superior paleolithic, you can always try an online system, although it doesn't really behave like installed on a computer, it serves to see if you like it and if it's worth the effort and patience to install it.
I like this page to have the first contact with a new distro DistroTest

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

Why not use Manjaro, if you want user-friendly Arch?

Step 1

Level 3
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Why not use Manjaro, if you want user-friendly Arch?
Basically with Antergos, you have an experience more like Arch.

The system came with very few applications installed, plus you could choose which one you installed and which one you didn't.

What I like about Manjaro is that it is more independent and has a better update philosophy.
With Arch, the updates are continuous, with Manjaro not, they filter better the updates and only offer the already tested ones.

There are really very few differences, but Antergos has been more stable on my computer. With Manjaro I have suffered crashes too many times, so, although I love it, I always look for another Arch-based distro

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Testing, Debian 10 xfce. in a partition that I created.
Captura de pantalla_2019-10-29_17-44-12.png

Last edited:

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
What do you think of Elementary OS?
I am using Elementary and I am pretty happy with it after one year. I hate windows because of several reasons (but this is not a place to discuss it).
It is im my opinion stable and I have not had a "bad update" yet from them.

I have it installed on my Asus ZenBook 2018 / Intel Core i5 G7 / Intel Graphics. I would really recommend it.

However, in general I really miss macOS since I am a web designer and I need Photoshop badly. I managed to install Photoshop 2014 using PlayOnLinux and Wine. And also I need (unfortunately) MS Office because of my work (as a PhD Student). I managed to install MS Office 2010 which is fine but I can not have two word docs or excel docs open at the same time which is a pain.

Recently I noticed that many people are moving to MX Linux, but I am going to wait for now as I really dont like XFCE interface and prefer pantheon on elementary.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.