Advice Request What is the best and safe Youtube download app for Windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I wouldn't recommend jdownloader here as safe as it's Java based / need Java which itself is highly insecure
Jdownloader 2 has its own portable java(or whatever its called) which only it can use. You don't have to install systemwide java anymore.

Regarding youtube-dl GUI, I found it buggy when I used it in the past. Downloads wouldn't start several times. The command line version was pretty stable but since I have IDM, I'd just pick the comfortable choice in IDM over youtube-dl.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I've been using this Grease/Tamper/Violent monkey script for years without any problems: sebaro / SaveTube The author also makes a Firefox extension that does the same thing.

If one is desperate, Tubeoffline (a dl website) works for me, but I can't say what the experience would be like without an ad blocker: Download videos from YouTube free!
Wouldn't you know, as soon as I posted that I started having trouble with SaveTube. For now, I've found the script here to be usable: Local YouTube Downloader

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.