What movie are you watching or planning to watch?

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
What Is It?

The 2020 science fiction psychological horror thriller movie Possessor: Uncut:

Possessor Trailer #1 (2020) | Movieclips Trailers:

Description:

Here is how The IMDb describes this movie:

An agent works for a secretive organization that uses brain-implant technology to inhabit other people’s bodies – ultimately driving them to commit assassinations for high-paying clients.
Tasya Vos is a corporate agent who uses brain-implant technology to inhabit other people’s bodies, driving them to commit assassinations for the benefit of the company.
While she has a special gift for the work, her experiences on these jobs have caused a dramatic change in her, and in her own life she struggles to suppress violent memories and urges.
As her mental strain intensifies, she begins to lose control, and soon she finds herself trapped in the mind of a man whose identity threatens to destroy her own.

My Thoughts

I liked the trailer for this movie, it made me want to see it, it looked like a strange intelligent science fiction psychological horror movie that reminded me of the movies Tenet and Inception.

Fortunately this movie did not turn out to be another High Life, which is one of the worst movies that I have seen in recent memory, this movie was better than High Life in every way; the team who made this movie should remake High Life.

It had a slower pace like High Life, but it did not feel like it was wasting my time like High Life did.

This movie was filmed & directed better than I had expected, it was bloodier than I had expected with the kills, and the acting & the movie itself were about as good as I had expected & had hoped.

This movie could have had a bit more life to it, though that mood / style was probably intentional & works pretty well because it does leave a feeling that lingers with you a bit after watching it.

It could have been either slightly shorter or they could have explored a bit more of the lore.

Either way, I was not disappointed, other than a few unnecessary sex scenes & some nudity, and the unexplained bloody melee kills instead of gun kills.

Andrea Riseborough fit the part pretty well with her acting as usual & especially with how sickly she has been looking in recent years (hopefully she is okay).

Reactions: Nevi

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
What Is It?

The 2018 Netflix Russian science fiction TV show Better Than Us (Season 1):

Better Than Us Eng:

Description by The IMDb:

A family on the brink of splitting up become the owners of a cutting-edge robot being sought by a corporation, homicide investigators and terrorists.
In 2029, robots have become an ordinary part of human life – they help raise children, work as personal drivers, security guards, and lovers.
For most people, “Bots” are just soulless machines that perform routine work, but they also become capable of emotions.
A group of rebels, “The Liquidators,” reject life with the bots – and are ready to shed human blood in their war against the machines.

Better Than Us Netflix Review:

My Thoughts

I saw the thumbnail for this show on Netflix and I decided to give it a chance because the cover image reminded me of the TV show Humans.

It had a slower start & feel, the episodes & the show itself could have been shorter & faster paced, but it did enough to keep my attention.

The English dub for this show had one or more voice actors that I recognized from some Japanese anime.

It ended up being either a slighter better than average show or a solidly average show that is worth watching.

Furthermore, it had some flaws, but they did a great job with the androids moving, acting, talking, et cetera like actual androids; especially Paulina Andreeva as the character Arisa, and especially with a lower budget.

This show also gave a more upscale, modern / futuristic, cleaner, and nicer view of Russia than I have possibly ever seen.

I would rate this show a 3.5 out of 5.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What Is It?

The 2018 Netflix Russian science fiction TV show Better Than Us (Season 1):

Better Than Us Eng:

Description by The IMDb:

Better Than Us Netflix Review:

My Thoughts

I saw the thumbnail for this show on Netflix and I decided to give it a chance because the cover image reminded me of the TV show Humans.

It had a slower start & feel, the episodes & the show itself could have been shorter & faster paced, but it did enough to keep my attention.

The English dub for this show had one or more voice actors that I recognized from some Japanese anime.

It ended up being either a slighter better than average show or a solidly average show that is worth watching.

Furthermore, it had some flaws, but they did a great job with the androids moving, acting, talking, et cetera like actual androids; especially Paulina Andreeva as the character Arisa, and especially with a lower budget.

This show also gave a more upscale, modern / futuristic, cleaner, and nicer view of Russia than I have possibly ever seen.

I would rate this show a 3.5 out of 5.

sounds a little like Humans (2015) 3 seasons, also checkout Devs (2020) Hulu just 8 episodes.

Reactions: Nevi and goodjohnjr

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
if I haven't mentioned it, check out The Americans on Hulu with Keri Russell originally broadcast on FX in US, I never watched it in real-time, but both my wife and I are enjoying it now, 6 seasons worth. Very Interesting... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Nevi and goodjohnjr

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
if I haven't mentioned it, check out The Americans on Hulu with Keri Russell originally broadcast on FX in US, I never watched it in real-time, but both my wife and I are enjoying it now, 6 seasons worth. Very Interesting... :ROFLMAO:
I remember hearing about & seeing DVD covers for The Americans back when it aired, but I never watched it; several people online recommended it, I was several seasons behind, so I never started it.

The Americans | Official Series Trailer | FX:

I did watch all seasons of Homeland, Seasons 1 – 2 were probably my favorite.

Homeland - First Season Teaser HD:

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
What Is It?

The short film and Vimeo Staff Pick called Reset that was uploaded by Kryler Åkerström Film, and was directed by Fredrik Åkerström & Marcus Kryler:

Trailer:

RESET SHORT FILM TRAILER EN SUB.mov:

Short film:

RESET SHORT FILM – English subtitles

Here is the description of this short film by Kryler Åkerström Film:

Synopsis:
Sophie lives alone with her mother on a desolate farm in the middle of nowhere.
A place that hides a secret far worse than she could have imagined.
Director Statement:
We both come from a childhood marked by much loneliness, where the security of one’s parents was vital.
The thing that scared the most was the thought that once parents would die, or disappear, the security would be crushed, or that it was only an illusion.
With “Reset”, we want to portray this particular fear a child would feel when the worst thinkable becomes a reality.

My Thoughts

This short film that has some mystery, suspense, horror, and a bit of science fiction.

The main character of this short film is a girl named Sophie, as a viewer of this film, you slowly discover a secret as Sophie discovers it.

This short film got my attention, and I was curious to learn more.

I think that it is a pretty good short film that is worth watching.

I liked the visuals of the field, which seemed a bit like something from a dream, basically a bit surreal at times.

Furthermore, I wish that this short film could have been even longer.

Reactions: Nevi and ZeePriest

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
What Is It?

The YouTube video Dune: Part Two | Official Trailer 2 by the YouTube channel Warner Bros. Pictures, which is the second trailer for the upcoming movie Dune: Part Two:

Description:

Do what must be done. #DunePartTwo only in theaters November 3.

DUNE: PART TWO

The saga continues as award-winning filmmaker Denis Villeneuve embarks on “Dune: Part Two,” the next chapter of Frank Herbert’s celebrated novel Dune, with an expanded all-star international ensemble cast.

The film, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, is the highly anticipated follow-up to 2021’s six-time Academy Award-winning “Dune.”

The big-screen epic continues the adaptation of Frank Herbert’s acclaimed bestseller Dune with returning and new stars, including Oscar nominee Timothée Chalamet (“Wonka,” “Call Me by Your Name”), Zendaya (“Spider-Man: No Way Home,” “Malcolm & Marie,” “Euphoria”), Rebecca Ferguson (“Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning”), Oscar nominee Josh Brolin (“Avengers: End Game,” “Milk”), Oscar nominee Austin Butler (“Elvis,” “Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood”), Oscar nominee Florence Pugh (“Black Widow,” “Little Women”), Dave Bautista (the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, “Thor: Love and Thunder”), Oscar winner Christopher Walken (“The Deer Hunter,” “Hairspray”), Stephen McKinley Henderson (“Fences,” “Lady Bird”), Léa Seydoux (the “James Bond” franchise and “Crimes of the Future”), with Stellan Skarsgård (the “Mamma Mia!” films, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”), with Oscar nominee Charlotte Rampling (“45 Years,” “Assassin’s Creed”), and Oscar winner Javier Bardem (“No Country for Old Men,” “Being the Ricardos”).

“Dune: Part Two” will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a warpath of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family.

Facing a choice between the love of his life and the fate of the known universe, he endeavors to prevent a terrible future only he can foresee.

Villeneuve directed from a screenplay he co-wrote with Jon Spaihts based on Herbert’s novel.

The film is produced by Mary Parent, Cale Boyter, Villeneuve, Tanya Lapointe and Patrick McCormick.

The executive producers are Josh Grode, Herbert W. Gains, Jon Spaihts, Thomas Tull, Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, Kim Herbert, with Kevin J. Anderson serving as creative consultant.

Villeneuve is again collaborating with his “Dune” creatives: Oscar-winning director of photography Greig Fraser; Oscar-winning production designer Patrice Vermette; Oscar-winning editor Joe Walker; Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor Paul Lambert; Oscar-nominated costume designer Jacqueline West.

Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer is again on hand to create the score.

“Dune: Part Two” was filmed on location in Budapest, Abu Dhabi, Jordan, and Italy.

The film is slated for a November 3, 2023, worldwide release from Warner Bros. Pictures.

My Thoughts

I definitely plan on watching Dune: Part Two, I will likely watch it in theaters, I expect it to be better than Dune: Part One, which was more boring & covered less than it should have in my opinion, as someone who has read all the books.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
The short film Speed Enforced By Aircraft by the YouTube channel RocketJump:

Description:

Directed by: Clinton Jones

A pregnant couple puts the pedal to the metal on their way to the hospital. Unfortunately for them, they fail to heed an ominous roadside warning: SPEED ENFORCED BY AIRCRAFT.

FEATURING:
Gabriel Palma
Catherine Farrington Garcia
Adina Harari

Big shout out to Indy Mogul for creating the awesome baby prop!

Stunt Coordinators - Joe Fidler, Tim Garris
Set Medic - Jason Albanese
Music - Casey Edwards
Sound Design - Kevin Senzaki
VFX - Clinton Jones
Color - Ellary Porterfield
Producer - Cherish Chen

Thanks to Ultimate Graveyard for the awesome location!

Special thanks to Aaron Ehlers for helping us find a jet!

It is a shame that they do not make videos like this anymore.

• Wow

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
What Is It?

The upcoming 2023 epic historical drama movie Napoleon:

NAPOLEON – Official Trailer (HD):

Description:

He came from nothing.

He conquered everything.

From acclaimed director Ridley Scott, #Napoleon is exclusively in movie theaters this Thanksgiving.

Napoleon is a spectacle-filled action epic that details the checkered rise and fall of the iconic French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, played by Oscar®-winner Joaquin Phoenix.

Against a stunning backdrop of large-scale filmmaking orchestrated by legendary director Ridley Scott, the film captures Bonaparte’s relentless journey to power through the prism of his addictive, volatile relationship with his one true love, Josephine, showcasing his visionary military and political tactics against some of the most dynamic practical battle sequences ever filmed.

Directed by: Ridley Scott

Written by: David Scarpa

Produced by:
Ridley Scott
Kevin J. Walsh
Mark Huffam
Joaquin Phoenix

Executive Producers:
Raymond Kirk
Aidan Elliott
Michael Pruss

Cast:
Joaquin Phoenix
Vanessa Kirby

My Thoughts

This looks like it is going to be a good movie, and it looks like Joaquin Phoenix will give a good performance.

I will probably watch this movie, maybe even in a movie theater.

Hopefully Ridley Scott can pull this off, because he has not been doing so well with a variety of his movies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.