What movie are you watching or planning to watch?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Here is a hidden gem that almost made me cry (I barely managed to fight back the tears, I did tear up though) that I was fortunate to see for the first time in 2021:

What Is It?

The 2006 adventure fantasy movie The Fall.

The Fall – Trailer:

The Fall Review:

My Thoughts

I found out about this movie thanks to seeing some people commenting about it on the internet, otherwise I probably would have never known about this movie.

The comments all said that this was an underappreciated & less known masterpiece, et cetera, and so I watched a trailer for it.

Lee Pace is in the movie, I was impressed with his performances in the previous two movies that I saw him in, and the TV show Foundation.

So I decided to watch this movie to see if it is really as good as the comments said.

I like finding hidden gems, and so I hoped that this would be one.

This movie is visually impressive & artistic & creative, it is like an artist bringing a labor of love to the screen, it is like a somewhat surreal artistic story told by an adult to a child.

This movie had some beautiful, unique, and varied filming locations; it is worth watching this movie just on that alone, and I forgot to mention that it had some good classical music.

You do not usually see movies like this nowadays, it is what I used to expect when someone talked about watching a movie at a movie theater.

It reminded me of the movie The Cell (2006) combined with the movie The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button.

This movie almost made me cry, I teared up, I started huffing & puffing a little like I was going to cry while trying to hold it in, and I managed to hold it in.

I almost dropped a tear, and my eyes got wet.

Catinca Untaru & Lee Pace were standouts in this movie, I definitely recommend watching this movie at least once, for the unique visuals & experience & filming locations et cetera.

Lee Pace in Foundation, very good! The Fall, I'll look for it.

Reactions: Nevi and goodjohnjr

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018

What Is It?​

The Japanese action fantasy adventure live action anime adaptation streaming TV show Yu Yu Hakusho (Season 1).

Yu Yu Hakusho | Official Teaser | Netflix:

Yu Yu Hakusho | Official Trailer | Netflix:

Description by Netflix:

After a selfless act costs him his life, teen delinquent Yusuke Urameshi is chosen as a Spirit Detective to investigate cases involving rogue yokai.

Starring:Takumi Kitamura, Jun Shison, Kanata Hongo

Yu Yu Hakusho Netflix Series Review:

My Thoughts​

Netflix has done it again, for the second time this year, Netflix has made a good live action remake of a Japanese anime.

This live action Yu Yu Hakusho & the live action One Piece TV show are the only two good live action anime adaptations that I have seen, besides the movie Alita: Battle Angel.

This had some great action & fight choreography, the best of those three, the cast did a good job in their action scenes.

With only 5 episodes, this was a very easy watch, so I recommend checking it out.

I would rate it a 4 out of 5, it is live action while still being like an anime (animation).

Well done, Netflix et cetera.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Watching Death note on Netflix. It's an amazing Anime series. I would surely recommend if you have not watched it.
Death Note Trailer
The Death Note anime was good, but I do not recommend watching the live action Netflix Death Note movie, which is an abomination.

Same with Cowboy Bebop, the anime TV series & movie are great, but the Netflix live action Cowboy Booboo (Cowboy Bebop) is a terrible adaptation (it could make for an okay show on its own, but it is not Cowboy Bebop).

Do watch:

Cowboy Bebop anime TV show:

Cowboy Bebop anime movie:

Same with the Ghost In The Shell live action movie, it was souless, while the anime Ghost In The Shell, Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, and Ghost In The Shell: Arise are good.

I do not recommend the Netflix anime TV show Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045, that was the worst in the anime franchise, and I pretend that it is not part of the franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

rooney49

Level 1
Jun 14, 2023
The anime was good, but I do not recommend watching the live action Netflix Death Note movie, which is an abomination.

Same with Cowboy Bebop, the anime TV series & movie are great, but the Netflix live action Cowboy Booboo (Cowboy Bebop) is a terrible adaptation (it could make for an okay show on its own, but it is not Cowboy Bebop).

Do watch:

Same with the Ghost In The Shell live action movie, it was souless, while the anime Ghost In The Shell, Ghost In The Shell: Innocence, Ghost In The Shell Solid State Society, Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie, Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex, Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, and Ghost In The Shell Arise are good; I do not recommend the Netflix Ghost In The Shell 2045, that was the worst in the anime franchise, and I pretend that it is not part of the franchise.

Totally agree. Recommending Death Note Anime series on Netflix.

Reactions: Nevi and goodjohnjr

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Watching Death note on Netflix. It's an amazing Anime series. I would surely recommend if you have not watched it.
Death Note Trailer
Death Note is one of my favourite anime's. I have it on dvd
btw, your link does not work.

ps: I also have the live action movies (Japanese version - eng dub),

Last edited:

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018

What Is It?​

The Netflix American gothic horror drama TV show The Fall Of The House Of Usher.

The Fall of the House of Usher | Official Trailer | Netflix:

The Fall Of The House Of Usher - Devilishly Good:

This is how Netflix describes this TV show:

To secure their fortune — and future — two ruthless siblings build a family dynasty that begins to crumble when their heirs mysteriously die, one by one.

Starring: Carla Gugino, Bruce Greenwood, Mary McDonnell

Creators: Mike Flanagan

My Thoughts​

I binged watched this on my last day of the New Year's holiday after I was inspired to watch it after a coworker recommended it, and Martin Thomas put it in his top TV shows of 2023 list:

MARTIN'S TOP 5 TV SHOWS OF 2023 | Double Toasted:

This show kept my attention and I liked it, they did a good job, except I did not like the unnecessary nudity & sex.

Samantha Sloyan as Tamerlane Usher was my least favorite character, I assume that they made her character that way on purpose, I am not sure, her character was mostly useless & did nothing & did not have much of a personality et cetera; her character made white bread & mayonnaise seem less bland, her character literally just sat around watching others & giving some orders to others for most of the show.

Other than that, this show had a good combination of elements that kept me watching, and wanting to see what was going to happen next.

Mary McDonnell and Willa Fitzgerald as Madeline, Kate Siegel as Camille L'Espanaye, and several others actresses & actors & characters had standout roles & performances that I liked.

I also liked some assumed quotes from some of the source material, and I wish that there would have been more.

This show is not family friendly, though it involves a family, but I would recommend watching it.

I would rate this a 4 out of 5, and this was a great way to start the year with a good TV show.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.