What song/album are you listening to right now?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Wow, I'm still scrolling to the bottom of this forum looking for this thread. Need a mind refresh or reset or something. But....has anyone heard of her? This popped into my YouTube "recommended" and it's not bad, in my opinion. Sort of indie rock-like.

Couldn't help but be reminded of what YouTube might do with embedding ads into videos like these. :unsure:

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Wow, I'm still scrolling to the bottom of this forum looking for this thread. Need a mind refresh or reset or something. But....has anyone heard of her? This popped into my YouTube "recommended" and it's not bad, in my opinion. Sort of indie rock-like.

Couldn't help but be reminded of what YouTube might do with embedding ads into videos like these. :unsure:

I liked the second song, nice guitar rock edge to it, along with her great vocals :)

Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018

Hello @plat,

No, I have never heard of her before, nice find, thank you for sharing.

The closest that I can think of at this moment is this NPR Tiny Desk concert video by the YouTube channel NPR Music that I saw a few months ago:

Soccer Mommy: Tiny Desk Concert:

Description:

Andrew Flanagan | January 18, 2023
When Sophie Allison says to our friends and coworkers assembled around the desk, "We're finally doin' it," she really means it. A little less than exactly three years ago, Allison had just released the wonderful Color Theory as Soccer Mommy; it's an album that marked significant strides in her songwriting and production. A big year was doubtless in store for her and her bandmates... and we all know how that went. The band's visit to the Tiny Desk, scheduled for March 30, 2020, was the first of many to be canceled due to the pandemic.

That time in history required a lot of lemonade-making from all of us; we at NPR Music and beyond were lucky that, not too long after lockdown had sunk its teeth in, Soccer Mommy was the first to record a Tiny Desk (Home) performance for us. It was an early, much-needed sign that life might still be waiting for us on the other end. But, as we've learned well, there's no replacement for proximity.

With all of that indelibly in mind, it was particularly lovely and emotional welcoming Sophie, guitarist Julian Powell, keyboard player Rodrigo Avendano, bassist Nickolas Widener and percussionist Rollum Haas, finally, to the Tiny Desk. Their four-song set, with work from each era of Soccer Mommy's catalog, is beautifully performed and contoured. Welcome back to your debut, Soccer Mommy.

SET LIST
"Shotgun"
"circle the drain"
"newdemo"
"Still Clean"

MUSICIANS
Sophie Allison - vocals, guitar
Julian Powell - guitar
Rodrigo Avendano - keyboards
Nickolas Widener - bass
Rollum Haas - drum machine

TINY DESK TEAM
Producer: Bob Boilen
Director/Editor: Maia Stern
Audio Engineer: Neil Tevault
Series Producer: Bobby Carter
Videographers: Maia Stern, Joshua Bryant, Sofia Seidel, Kara Frame
Audio Assistant: Brian Jarboe
Production Assistant: Jill Britton
Tiny Desk Team: Suraya Mohamed, Josh Rogosin, Marissa Lorusso, Hazel Cills, Ashley Pointer, Teresa Xie
VP, Visuals and Music: Keith Jenkins
Senior VP, Programming: Anya Grundmann

There are probably some better examples from some older NPR Tiny Desk concerts that I have heard, but I can not remember the musicians or videos at the moment; there is one that I am close to remembering.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022

Unfortunately old 'Whispering Jack' isn't too well atm. Not looking good. Best wishes...

If Australia became a Republic tomorrow this guy would get 100% of the vote. It just wouldn't be worth running against him.

This song still gives me full-body goosebumps everytime I hear it. Well done Coldplay, smart move.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Enemy (feat. Sam Tinnesz & Beacon Light) - Tommee Profitt

I been out here for a minute
Hands clenched as i walk through the fog
Blood in the water
Smoke in the air filling my lungs
You were a friend
Veil torn now i’m seeing your lies
Full of demise
Blood moon painting red in the sky
Under the surface
Your dark heart leading you to the grave
Beautiful mask
pure evil behind the charade
I hear the mourning
I hear the cries
Out of the darkness into the light
If You want me gone
You pull the trigger yourself
Look at my eyes

I see who you are, you are my enemy
My enemy, you are my enemy

You want me dead
You want me gon
Covered in evil you turned on us all
Hungry for power
Hungry for fame
You’ll Kill a man if he gets in your way
I walk through the valley of shadows
I’m not alone i wont fear
The Hangmans at the gallows
I’m not afraid of the death in his stare
I’ll never be like you
I’ll never be like you
I’m rising up and i am ready to fight you
Ready to fight you
I’m all in
I’ve seen you before
You all are the same
You’re just another goin up in the flames
And if i’m gon die in the fight
it will be while I am bringing you down to the grave

This ends now
(whoa, whoa, whoa)
This ends now
(whoa, whoa, whoa)
This ends now
(whoa, whoa, whoa)
(I’m ready to fight you, ready to fight you)
This ends now
(whoa, whoa, whoa)
(I’m ready to fight you, ready to fight you)
This ends now

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.