What song/album are you listening to right now?

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
David Coverdale has put together a 4 disc set of a remastered/re-issue edition of the Whitesnake album Good To Be Bad, also with a DVD/Blue Ray video disc. Release date is April 28th. This is a new remixed video version of Can You Hear The Wind Blow, which was one of the better songs on the original album. I am pretty sure the video footage is from that tour in 2008, with Doug Aldridge and Reb Beach on guitars. It's not a bad mix but I don't find it much different from the original.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Not many rap fans around it seems. I only like certain ones myself. Cerebral rap

Image of Marcus Gad. He is very good looking.

maxresdefault.jpg

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Not many rap fans around it seems. I only like certain ones myself. Cerebral rap

Image of Marcus Gad. He is very good looking.

*Jibber Jabber Alert*

Yeah, I grew up in a house without rap / country / metal, fortunately there was a variety of other music genres that my parents had on old records.

So I grew up always listening to a variety of other music genres & later on music in other languages.

In the minority community I grew up (a mostly segregated part of a dirty South (Southern) small city (really a town in my opinion), even though official segregation is not in place, its impacts are still clear & present), people in my community usually only listened to rap & R&B & gospel music, pretty much anything else was looked down on (especially country music, which they considered to be music for only white people 😁), and they would make fun of you for listening to music outside the norm (especially country music).

So I was the odd one out who listened to other music genres too & mostly music genres outside the norm, with a bit of rap & R&B et cetera mixed in.

I never got into country music though, I guess the lack of exposure & the stigma left an impact; I do have a few country-ish songs, maybe country hybrid songs, and maybe a few songs considered to be country (Take Me Home, Country Roads (anime version), et cetera).

I did not watch much BET growing up because it was too stereotypical, among other issues my parents and I had with it, so I grew up getting most of my music from VH1 & MTV & the radio.

As I got old enough to find music myself on TV, cassettes, radio, et cetera, I continued listening to more rock / pop / alternative / easy listening / a little jazz & blues / et cetera.

Then in the internet era when genres seemed a thing of the past, I would find various types of music in various languages (French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Italian, Esperanto, Portuguese, Korean, et ceterea) here & there, through anime & international online radio & movies & TV shows & later YouTube et cetera.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, we do need more rap & R&B & blues & jazz et cetera around here too; I try to share some sometimes.

I am not sure if this counts as cerebral rap or not, but here is something I found during an Adult Swim / Toonami TV commercial break when watching anime:

Society Of Numbers - Split (Official Music Video):

Society Of Numbers - Split:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.