What song/album are you listening to right now?

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I think that's why I forgot about them for the same reasons. For me, if it wasn't Led Zeppelin, Yes, The Eagles, etc I had a hard time with the "bubble gum" music. But now, I do appreciate the mellower sounds. I tend to like a lot of the female voices and pop jazz, not the kind that who knows where it's going, and they try to play every note in music in one song, type of jazz.

I am not much into jazz but I do like some blues-rock. I like Joe Bonamassa a lot, Gary Moore, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Stevie Ray Vaughan were/are all very good. I grew up in Georgia listening to Southern Rock, 70's and 80's hard rock, still listen to 70's and 80's hard rock but the older I get the more I appreciate the bands that made the 80's what they were. I like some modern progressive rock. Riverside is very good. My favorite band is and always will be Rush. The right words to describe Rush's influence on my life just do not exist.

C.H.

Reactions: Nevi and goodjohnjr

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
It was the last song in his multi-song post, that may have been why it was taken down, typically posting more than two songs is frowned upon, Johnny Quest was also a new member at that point, could have been a duplicate although I doubt that would matter, just thinking out loud. Moderating is a tricky business, they do mean well. With that I recommend reflecting on simpler times, this for example 😶‍🌫️
It's always recommended, extra in this specific thread to catch up on the actual thread rules that is still available in post number 1. Try also to use spoilers as that automatic helps, and when we ( the staff ) also notice for example: dead, private, age restricted or enforced logins or not in general follow the rest of this forums rules, those gets cleaned out. Plain basic moderation. :coffee:

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
It's always recommended, extra in this specific thread to catch up on the actual thread rules that is still available in post number 1. Try also to use spoilers as that automatic helps, and when we ( the staff ) also notice for example: dead, private, age restricted or enforced logins or not in general follow the rest of this forums rules, those gets cleaned out. Plain basic moderation. :coffee:
I never did get to the first page..yet, as there's so much good stuff on this thread to cover. Thank you for that kind reminder, especially for me, as at times I could tend to get carried away ;) :)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
To those of you who spoke earlier of Linda Ronstadt, I agree, she was a rare talent, her pop hits left no doubt of it, but I feel her real contribution was her treatment of the standards, she seemed to have a love of them that was expressed in her performances like few others, I'll post a couple examples, hear them out and I think you may see another side of this multi-talented Artist.

@Jonny Quest , Keep posting please 🤗

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
To those of you who spoke earlier of Linda Ronstadt, I agree, she was a rare talent, her pop hits left no doubt of it, but I feel her real contribution was her treatment of the standards, she seemed to have a love of them that was expressed in her performances like few others, I'll post a couple examples, hear them out and I think you may see another side of this multi-talented Artist.

@Jonny Quest , Keep posting please 🤗

Linda Ronstadt with Nelson Riddle, and my favorite from that album. Winner, Winner :)
And you, keep posting too, BryanB :)

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@BryanB to follow up on your thoughts on Linda, I couldn't agree with you more. About 6 months ago I watched a special about her on one of the Roku channels and was amazed by her talent in all areas. She could do and sing it all, including her Spanish albums which they said were also very popular.

I've always liked this one from the first time I heard it.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018

Carmen - Habanera (Bizet; Anna Caterina Antonacci, The Royal Opera):

Spanish heat and gypsy passion are brought to the stage in Francesca Zambello's vivid production of Bizet's opera.

The Habanera is the aria Carmen sings when she first appears on stage. It is also known as 'L'amour est un oiseau rebelle'.

Carmen was based on a popular novella of the same name by Prosper Mérimée, which enticed French readers with exotic tales of Spain. Its heady combination of passion, sensuality and violence initially proved too much for the stage and Georges Bizet's opera was a critical failure on its premiere in 1875. Bizet died shortly after, never learning of the spectacular success Carmen would achieve -- it has been staged over 500 times at Covent Garden alone.

Carmen contains many well-loved numbers, such as Carmen's seductive Habanera and Escamillo's rousing Toreador's song, in which he celebrates the thrill of the bullfight. Richly coloured designs capture the sultry heat of the Spanish sun, while ranks of soldiers, crowds of peasants, gypsies and bullfighters bring 19th-century Seville alive. This combination of memorable music, vivid setting and dramatic story have made Carmen one of the most popular operas in the world.

Carmen, Act I: Habanera:

Carmen, Act I: Habanera · David Tobin, Jeff Meegan, Julian Gallant and English Session Orchestra

Classical Collection - Opera & Oratorio

℗ Audio Network Ltd

Released on: 2019-09-27

Artist: David Tobin
Artist: English Session Orchestra
Artist: Jeff Meegan
Artist: Julian Gallant

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.