Advice Request What was your dumbest security mistake?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
My other half clicked on a link on Facebook for some magical tablets of some sort or another (magic beans) a couple of years ago & was landed with a bill of £120 a month, the tablets were useless, we had a right job of cancelling - Our bank actually got the money back after they took over £240 UKP.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Buying a licence for several devices for ESET a few months ago probably wasn't a good idea, on their main UK page protection against new threats is unchecked for IS???? (what's that supposed to mean for new users, only works against old ones) :) It seems they don't consider IS a premium product?? in the latest malware tests Defenders £0.00 score was an improvement on ESET IS? I wonder if ESET have recently visited the planet earth? Really can't see me bothering with it again, sad as it was the first AV I used NOD32 :confused::confused:

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Buying a licence for several devices for ESET a few months ago probably wasn't a good idea, on their main UK page protection against new threats is unchecked for IS???? (what's that supposed to mean for new users, only works against old ones) :) It seems they don't consider IS a premium product?? in the latest malware tests Defenders £0.00 score was an improvement on ESET IS? I wonder if ESET have recently visited the planet earth? Really can't see me bothering with it again, sad as it was the first AV I used NOD32 :confused::confused:
Yeah its just an marketing ploy to bait people into buying the most expensive version, all ESET versions has protection against zero days.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Yeah its just an marketing ploy to bait people into buying the most expensive version, all ESET versions has protection against zero days.
Yes, I was just wonder how it would look for a new user buying it for the first time - From my point of view a pretty mad thing to put - Companies such as ESET seem to think they can walk on water & not realising times are a changing??

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.