Question What was your dumbest security mistake?

Sorrento

Level 7
Dec 7, 2021
My other half clicked on a link on Facebook for some magical tablets of some sort or another (magic beans) a couple of years ago & was landed with a bill of £120 a month, the tablets were useless, we had a right job of cancelling - Our bank actually got the money back after they took over £240 UKP.

Sorrento

Level 7
Dec 7, 2021
Buying a licence for several devices for ESET a few months ago probably wasn't a good idea, on their main UK page protection against new threats is unchecked for IS???? (what's that supposed to mean for new users, only works against old ones) :) It seems they don't consider IS a premium product?? in the latest malware tests Defenders £0.00 score was an improvement on ESET IS? I wonder if ESET have recently visited the planet earth? Really can't see me bothering with it again, sad as it was the first AV I used NOD32 :confused::confused:

Dec 12, 2021
Buying a licence for several devices for ESET a few months ago probably wasn't a good idea, on their main UK page protection against new threats is unchecked for IS???? (what's that supposed to mean for new users, only works against old ones) :) It seems they don't consider IS a premium product?? in the latest malware tests Defenders £0.00 score was an improvement on ESET IS? I wonder if ESET have recently visited the planet earth? Really can't see me bothering with it again, sad as it was the first AV I used NOD32 :confused::confused:
Yeah its just an marketing ploy to bait people into buying the most expensive version, all ESET versions has protection against zero days.

Sorrento

Level 7
Dec 7, 2021
Yeah its just an marketing ploy to bait people into buying the most expensive version, all ESET versions has protection against zero days.
Yes, I was just wonder how it would look for a new user buying it for the first time - From my point of view a pretty mad thing to put - Companies such as ESET seem to think they can walk on water & not realising times are a changing??

Reactions: roger_m