Advice Request What Works Along Side Windows Defender Besides...

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rodneyomcc1974

Thread author
May 23, 2020
Malwarebytes and Webroot.....

Something that works in real-time, but like both malwarebytes and webroot, leaves defender running.

Thanks

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
The NoVirusThanks software are good choices, SysHardener should have a restore point or use of imaging software in case a rule breaks something in the system (happened to me). Same if one is using built-in Group Policy if you have paid Windows versions. (y)

If one is patient and committed to keeping Defender enabled, I would maybe wait for developer Andy Ful to introduce his Casual User Protection for easier and more understandable security policies and restrictions. This, like many other software (VoodooShield, OSA, ConfigureDefender)) potentially has far less impact on one's system performance, much less bloat, and Defender's security is still enhanced.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
spyshelter, crystal security, immunet, or run mcafee stinger one time and it'll give you mcafee Real Protect (which has real-time monitoring). and while it is older and not as relevant, you can still use winpatrol, and it'll alert you to any start-up additions or new services etc.

Malwarebytes and Webroot.....

Something that works in real-time, but like both malwarebytes and webroot, leaves defender running.

Thanks

webroot can be run with other antivirus', but it no longer can be run with window's defender, the security centre turns defender off now with webroot installed. you can only turn on the periodic scanning. they run together on win 7 (not 10)

Last edited:

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I've been using WD -- enhanced by Hard Configurator -- for real-time, and Hitman Pro free as the 2nd-opinion scan. If H_C didn't exist, I'd use NVT OSA as the real-time companion to WD. (I switched to H_C when I was troubleshooting a connectivity problem and decided to keep it instead of reinstalling OSA.)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.