Advice Request When do you start charging your smartphone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

At what % do you start charging your smartphone?

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At what percentage do you decide is the best time for you to charge your own smartphone?

How often do you keep it above 50%?

How often do you let your battery drain below 15%?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I charge my phone at the end of the second or the third day, usually around 10-20%, sometimes above 20%
my phone is a battery monster

in the past, I charged my phone everyday regardless of what percentage it had because the battery was small even from 100%

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I start around 40% and stop between 80-90%.

If the article i read about prolonging your battery life is true then this should triple or even quadruple expected battery life.

Opposed to fully discharing your battery and charging it to 100% on a regular basis.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Usually I try to not go under 20%, before I charge. And when I charge, I stop at around 80%. My battery on my Iphone is on 96% maximum performance capacity, and I bought it late 2017. I do think it helps the battery, not let it go all the way down to 0%, and charge it to 100% every time. But then I close it every night, after midnight. That has probably helped a lot. But I admit I dont know about all the battery theories. Some say do that, and another something else. 🤔

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.