Advice Request Which Browser Extension is good ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Not necessarily. Malwarebytes Browser Guard focuses on filtering out ads and trackers, scammers, phishing and malware. Bitdefender Traffic Light, meanwhile, is more effective at blocking phishing, links and pages with malware.
So both extension should be better to use in Firefox? Malwarebytes for ads & trackers and Bitdefender for malware & phishing link or page. Or Ublock Origin for ads and trackers & bitdefender for malware and phishing?

Reactions: piquiteco

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
So both extension should be better to use in Firefox? Malwarebytes for ads & trackers and Bitdefender for malware & phishing link or page. Or Ublock Origin for ads and trackers & bitdefender for malware and phishing?
Yes, both extensions are good to use in Firefox. But, I recommend using only Bitdefender Traffic Light & Ublock Origin or only Malwarebytes Browser Guard. No, use all 3 extensions together, because they slow down your browsing and loading of web pages.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Is it safe to use Brave browser on desktop?
Yep, my local library uses it on Linux, I use it on Android, and I used to use it on Windows until I started using Microsoft Edge because it has more features now (except it does not have built-in ad blocking, unfortunately, yet).

Brave Browser is free and open source like Mozilla Firefox is.

Does Bitdefender Traffic Light blocks same as Malwarebytes Browser Guard??
Malwarebytes Browser Guard is better at blocking scams, spam, PUP, adware, and other grayware type websites than Bitdefender TrafficLight in my experience and in the tests that I have seen here & on YouTube.

Does it support Vivaldi browser or Brave browser ?
Settings option not found.
I know that you can install Emsisoft Browser Security from the Chrome Web Store for Brave Browser, but I do not think that it is worth using from the times that I have used it and from the tests that I have seen here & on YouTube.

In my tests (testing it on bootleg & adult streaming video websites with lots of ads (normal, pop-ups, phishing, scam, adware, et cetera) it has not blocked much if anything compared to Malwarebytes Browser Guard, uBlock Origin, et cetera.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
DNS-over-HTTPS settings on Firefox? I changed DOH to NextDNS with Ublock Origin but it unable to block a malware / trojan website while Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension detect malware / trojan.
You can set a custom one like the one for the free Adguard DNS Public Default DNS servers which can block some of those things, some ads, and some trackers by default for free without the limit of NextDNS (free): https://dns.adguard-dns.com/dns-query

WildCat

Oct 7, 2022
Bitdefender Trafficlight spys on your browsing history and sends every site you visit as full url at home just like Avira, Avast,AVG ,Norton etc. do. What is absolute unnecessary. Such Addons should honestly be all banned from the stores. And even if you can put the tracking checkmark out on Malwarebytes Browser Guard , i have tough my concerns that it will really shut up. Alone just because they give you a unique ID for your PC just like the Vivaldi Browser does but that counts so far i have seen only for Malwarebytes Premium. But at least is the Anti-Pishing by their addon top notch and better then by Emsisoft and Bitdefender, i can agree with that.

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
Netcraft catches 4 of these tests, and the rest are "Hmmm... cant find his page" which I suspect is w10 exploit protection (edited). It would be interesting to see how others fare with their other extensions.

Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Netcraft catches 4 of these tests, and the rest are "Hmmm... cant find his page" which I suspect is Quad9's filters blocking them (same results with UblockO turned off). It would be interesting to see how others fare.

NextDNS is blocking all with multiple blocklists.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 231644.jpg

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
You can set a custom one like the one for the free Adguard DNS Public Default DNS servers which can block some of those things, some ads, and some trackers by default for free without the limit of NextDNS (free): https://dns.adguard-dns.com/dns-query
Thanks for sharing, I had seen one day the Adguard DNS I don't remember where, but I didn't write it down, now I will test it and see how it performs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.